1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Windows 7 RC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lizard Of Oz, Feb 28, 2010.

1. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

Sweet, thanks. I remember being sad that only IE did that. I shall give it a whirl.

~Jason

2. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

I think I read that 3.7 is when they'll have the Win7 integration done. A shame they didn't do it with 3.6 since they had plenty of time, but maybe they didn't have access to the API at that point?

3. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

Cool! It works!

btw, the line in about:config is "browser.taskbar.previews.enable"

thanks for the tip.

Now, for that sexy Ribbon interface they've been hinting at... and jump lists.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  4. Lizard Of Oz

Lizard Of Oz Demented Avenger

Well it's 45 minutes to go until this laptop implodes, and I've done nothing to prepare. I'm not even sure where my Vista disk is. The boss called and it appears that my counter part on the weekday shift has an injured shoulder, and can I come in to take up the slack the rest of the week? Woo! Hoo! Another 70+ hour week. My third in a row. I guess I'll take care of my personal life next week... on wait... I'm already scheduled to work 60 hours next week.

On the plus side, at least I'll have the cash to get Windows 7 Home Premium for the laptop. Hell, Maybe I'll splurg and get the Win7 Ultimate Super Duper Gee Golly Terrific Platinum Edition!

5. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

Something I was wishing Microsoft would implement, that MacOS does, is the folder hover feature.
    Where you can hold a file/folder over another folder and after a couple seconds it will open up, and you can keep going like that through all the subfolders.

It makes it so much easier than dropping a file in a folder, then double clicking the folder to get to the file to put it in a subfolder, etc.

I mean, I know there are other ways around Explorer that are easier than what I complained about, but they added so many other useful changes... why not that? It's such an obvious

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  6. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

Yeah, it didn't work. :(

Oh well, I'll buy it sooner or later. Time to bust out the XP Pro disk! :D

7. Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal Anfractuous Aluminum

Oh sweet, sweet justice. My pirated and supposedly "activation removed" Win 7 release just decided to start the two hour shutdowns today. Well played Microsoft, well played. :eek:

8. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

I was a little worried my upgrade version I did a clean install with via a hack (I have a legit copy of XP, swear, I just didn't want to do a double install) would do this, but it didn't. Whew.

~Jason

9. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

I know zis alveddy. :p

10. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  11. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

HOW FIX?!

[​IMG]

12. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

0wned.

13. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE
    [SCREENSHOT]http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9596/85542857.png[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7494/40076141.png[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6325/69169380.png[/SCREENSHOT]

14. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

That Counterfeiting message confused the hell out of me when I saw it.

I forgot to activate my legit copy before the 30 days and that message came up; I was all "I HAVE A VIRUS! NOOOO!"

They really need to pick a better message like "you need to activate this copy" or some stuff.

15. Cowlike

Cowlike New Member

Am I the only one who doesen't have that KB 033 ? It's not installed or suggested

16. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

does everyone have a their quick launch bar enabled?

Sometimes I click that "Switch Between Windows" button just for the graphical effect, hehe.
    I'm like "Look what Windows can do now!"

It's also quite handy, I don't know why Microsoft hid it away so far.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  17. Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal Anfractuous Aluminum

What? I never installed any updates though. Disabling updates is one of the first things I did.

I'm not even getting a message that says my copy isn't genuine, and I have no text at the bottom right of the desktop.

All I know is that some time bomb went off on March 1st and caused the 2 hour shutdowns.

Sleepy it might be worth a shot to try RemoveWAT. Torrent it, current version is 2.2.5. One click activation removal that worked like a charm prior to March 1st.

edit - Oh F*CK looks like I do have that update. It must be a forced update because my Windows Update is disabled. :con:

edit - Yeah scratch that idea Sleepy it's not gonna work. I uninstalled the update, ran RemoveWAT, restarted, and the update is still there. :(

edit - Ok I heard setting the clock back to an earlier date/year will stop the restarts. Going to try that...

edit - Found this: http://www.coolbuster.net/2010/03/stop-windows-7-rc-expiry.html

Sleepy, you should try RemoveWAT and then the above link, that might work for you.

edit - FFFFUUUUUUUUU it doesn't work :(

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  18. Syri

Syri Who are you calling short?

I left mine to the last day, mainly as I kept putting off having to back things up. Up and running on my retail copy now though.

19. DarkED

DarkED The Great Oppression

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate x64 on my laptop.

It's like a mini god :D

20. Lizard Of Oz

Lizard Of Oz Demented Avenger

Question for all you Win7 Pro/Ultimate/Superduper/Alpha&Omega users:

Does your version have something that Home Premium lacks that you actually use, or is it just another E-Penis thing?