Windows 7 RC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Firefox 3.6 does support that, but it is somewhat buggy so it can only be enabled in about:config.

I think I read that 3.7 is when they'll have the Win7 integration done. A shame they didn't do it with 3.6 since they had plenty of time, but maybe they didn't have access to the API at that point?

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Firefox 3.6 does support that, but it is somewhat buggy so it can only be enabled in about:config.

Cool! It works!

btw, the line in about:config is "browser.taskbar.previews.enable"

thanks for the tip.

Now, for that sexy Ribbon interface they've been hinting at... and jump lists.

Last edited:

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Well it's 45 minutes to go until this laptop implodes, and I've done nothing to prepare. I'm not even sure where my Vista disk is. The boss called and it appears that my counter part on the weekday shift has an injured shoulder, and can I come in to take up the slack the rest of the week? Woo! Hoo! Another 70+ hour week. My third in a row. I guess I'll take care of my personal life next week... on wait... I'm already scheduled to work 60 hours next week.

On the plus side, at least I'll have the cash to get Windows 7 Home Premium for the laptop. Hell, Maybe I'll splurg and get the Win7 Ultimate Super Duper Gee Golly Terrific Platinum Edition!

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Something I was wishing Microsoft would implement, that MacOS does, is the folder hover feature.
Where you can hold a file/folder over another folder and after a couple seconds it will open up, and you can keep going like that through all the subfolders.

It makes it so much easier than dropping a file in a folder, then double clicking the folder to get to the file to put it in a subfolder, etc.

I mean, I know there are other ways around Explorer that are easier than what I complained about, but they added so many other useful changes... why not that? It's such an obvious

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Oh sweet, sweet justice. My pirated and supposedly "activation removed" Win 7 release just decided to start the two hour shutdowns today. Well played Microsoft, well played. :eek:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Oh sweet, sweet justice. My pirated and supposedly "activation removed" Win 7 release just decided to start the two hour shutdowns today. Well played Microsoft, well played. :eek:

I was a little worried my upgrade version I did a clean install with via a hack (I have a legit copy of XP, swear, I just didn't want to do a double install) would do this, but it didn't. Whew.

~Jason

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
win7updatefuuu.png

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE
[SCREENSHOT]http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9596/85542857.png[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7494/40076141.png[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6325/69169380.png[/SCREENSHOT]

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
That Counterfeiting message confused the hell out of me when I saw it.

I forgot to activate my legit copy before the 30 days and that message came up; I was all "I HAVE A VIRUS! NOOOO!"

They really need to pick a better message like "you need to activate this copy" or some stuff.

Cowlike

Feb 21, 2008
Am I the only one who doesen't have that KB 033 ? It's not installed or suggested

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
does everyone have a their quick launch bar enabled?

Sometimes I click that "Switch Between Windows" button just for the graphical effect, hehe.
I'm like "Look what Windows can do now!"

It's also quite handy, I don't know why Microsoft hid it away so far.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY

What? I never installed any updates though. Disabling updates is one of the first things I did.

I'm not even getting a message that says my copy isn't genuine, and I have no text at the bottom right of the desktop.

All I know is that some time bomb went off on March 1st and caused the 2 hour shutdowns.

Sleepy it might be worth a shot to try RemoveWAT. Torrent it, current version is 2.2.5. One click activation removal that worked like a charm prior to March 1st.

edit - Oh F*CK looks like I do have that update. It must be a forced update because my Windows Update is disabled. :con:

edit - Yeah scratch that idea Sleepy it's not gonna work. I uninstalled the update, ran RemoveWAT, restarted, and the update is still there. :(

edit - Ok I heard setting the clock back to an earlier date/year will stop the restarts. Going to try that...

edit - Found this: http://www.coolbuster.net/2010/03/stop-windows-7-rc-expiry.html

Sleepy, you should try RemoveWAT and then the above link, that might work for you.

edit - FFFFUUUUUUUUU it doesn't work :(

Last edited:

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
I left mine to the last day, mainly as I kept putting off having to back things up. Up and running on my retail copy now though.