Windows 2000 Service Pack 4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
It kind of installed on my PC (2000 Professional)......then it stopped with some kind of pathetic excuse.

Explorer says SP4 in the about box, the add/remove programs box thinks I've still got SP3 installed. Oh dear.

Anyone else have any probs? I'm kind of loathe to put it on any of my production servers if this kind of funky stuff is gonna happen.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Here is the thing about windows service packs:
When you install them do not choose the option that lets you uninstall it at a later time. This features simply does not work. What ever problems you had after installing the service pack will still be there after you uninstall it.

Whe installing a new service pack, dont bother to uninstall the old one. Just install it right over the top.

A new service pack has its best results with a fresh install of the OS. Less problems if you do it that way, however if you are like me and have 60 programs on you system, you are more likely to have problems.

I would put SP3 back in then go for sp4 to see if you can work around this instalation problem. It only takes 30 min :p

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Hmm, I wonder it it's worth it. My PC seems to be ticking along just fine, even though it's in some kind of limbo between SP3 & SP4. I could really not do with reinstalling Windows ATM should anything go wrong.