Win2003 + 2 routers + VPN = b0rk3d

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark[NSF]

Northwest Secessionalist Forces
Does anyone know what settings on a windows 2003 server would prevent me from accessing a remote network?? I can connect to the remote router via local ip address.. but I can't connect any of the machines at the remote location back to the server. They can't see the DNS, or join the Domain.

I'm just trying to create a VPN tunnel to create a WAN and there is a policy or something that is preventing me from connecting normally..

Thanks in advance.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
I just get sick of shops that only use WIndows because they don't want to consider anything else.. There is one company (that will remain nameless) that has software with a database backend. They are switching from Access to an MSSQL solution, to scale things up. They won't even consider MySQL, because it isn't made by MS. This is a company that makes software for small and medium sized businesses; businesses that don't have money to blow on MSSQL server software.

They could increase revenue easily by switching to MySQL instead of MSSQL, but they don't care. I did a test port of one of their access DBs, and it ported to MySQL just as well as it did to MSSQL (which actually wasn't very well; MOST of the data ported over, but some of it got funkified). As well, MySQL isn't that tough, and there is a buttload of support and training for it.

Sorry, a bit off topic, but I felt like a rant :)