Win XP lite?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3554084.stm

3rdworld.jpg

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Windows XP "3rd World"?

Please tell me that's a fake. Either that or Microsoft needs to fire it's PR department.

-Keiichi

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That's not a very good photochop my friend :p

Even if you couldn't see the page he linked to, look at the boxes behind the hand. They obviously say Home Edition...also Microsoft are Justification freaks and would never center a word below "Windows XP"

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't think that's photochopped, but if it is that's pretty good (I think those are all settings you can modify).

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
Sir_Brizz said:
That's not a very good photochop my friend :p

Even if you couldn't see the page he linked to, look at the boxes behind the hand. They obviously say Home Edition...also Microsoft are Justification freaks and would never center a word below "Windows XP"

Its a joke moron, it wasn't supposed to be a good photoshop. If I cared enough to fool someone I would have spent more than 2 mins on it.

rumored Windows 3rd world, Niger eddition comming soon!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I was pointing out that it wasn't very convincing. Funny though :)

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
If what I've heard is true, the "lite" version is going to more like a limited fuction trial than a real, functioning OS, only that MS is going to make you pay for it. Smells like bullsh*t.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
its called XP Starter Edition. If developing countries really cared about operating systems and money, i would assume they would all use linux, since it doesn't cost alot of money.

~viper~

lo
Jun 15, 2004
MA
in most cases, linux is free; it's just that companies like red hat add additional features and might charge a bit for them...