1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Will UC make it onto the PC?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zaccix, Oct 17, 2001.

?

Will we see Unreal Championship on the PC?

1. Yeah, I think it will.

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Nah, I don't think so.

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. I'm not sure yet.

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. What's the point anyway? We'll have U2!

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Zaccix

Zaccix Truth, by Banksy

It might clash a bit with Unreal 2, but if launched at the right time, UC would make a nice stopgap between Unreal 2 and Unreal Warfare.

Whatcha think?

2. SludgeX

SludgeX ...

Sorry Zaccix, it ain't gonna happen

Microsoft and Digital Extemes already signed an exclusivity contract for UC on the X-Box. And I highly doubt Microsoft will let DE out of said contract. Besides, even if the exclusivity contract with MS expires in, oh... let's say 2 years. By then Unreal Warfare should either be already out, or on the verge of release, making the PC release of UC somewhat pointless.

3. Tetris L

Tetris L Smartass

I guess DE/Epic/Infogrames signed a contract with Microsoft that says that UC will be exclusive on Xbox for at least 1/2 year after release.

But once they've sold enough Xboxes and enough copies of UC for Xbox it will be ported to PC, I'm sure. Technically the Xbox virtually is a PC, so the work for DE to port it to PC will be minimal.

4. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I wonder if Legend and Epic might think that it steps all over their releases? Having said that... I sure hope so... I'll buy 'em all! :)

5. Eliot Keenan|BuF

Eliot Keenan|BuF New Member

owwwwwww not on the pc..............:(

6. AriTheDog

AriTheDog frog steering expert

/me hopes so!

7. Eliot Keenan|BuF

well then i can get it then

if its on the pc................

8. Boogey

Boogey Talvin Singh fanboy

...and this is why I don't think it'll be out for PC. MS don't want to send out the signal, that u can just wait 6-12 months and u'll be able to get the games on pc. A killer game lives for longer than a year (e.g. UT) and many would be happy to wait and save the expense of buying the xbox. I know I would.

9. Eliot Keenan|BuF

G0D ITS N0T FAIR!!!:mad:

10. [IsP]KaRnAgE

[IsP]KaRnAgE You Can Be My Wingman

but many of its features are designed with console gaming in mind. Unreal 2 should be good enough if its done right.

11. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

There's really nothing keeping DE from "repackaging" and adding a few levels or something and releasing it for the PC. I think that Microsoft just wants to have a window of exclusivity, not prevent DE from making a fair profit by releasing it on other platforms (escpecially non-console platforms)

I believe that if anything, Epic won't want to oversaturate it's market.. especially since UW would follow it.

12. tobler1

tobler1 New Member

erm, Emulators!!!, and don't give me that 'but the PC couldn't handle it' argument, 'cos it will eventually be able to, unless the X-box is less advanced, which I don't know, 'cos I don't care about computer technology specifics...
    So it will be out for the PC, eventually, however legally... probably...

13. quitgrin1

quitgrin1 Demon Like

I think they´ll have to port it over to the PC, sooner or later.. they´ll be losing a large fanbase if they dont.. and i doubt everybody will buy an Xbox too.

later,
    GriNGo

14. Syri

Syri Who are you calling short?

i'm not buying an x-box just for uc. halo was going to be x-box only, now a pc version has been confirmed as coming soon...
    i see uc making the pc in the not-too distant future

15. Metakill

Metakill Inhumane

regarding emulators

It probably wouldn't be that hard for a PC to emulate itself. Well, thats basically what it would be doing.

16. tool

tool BuFs #1 mom

if it has to do with unreal ill buy it :)

dont care what system its on :)

17. Master_Blaster[MASTER

Master_Blaster[MASTER New Member

PC's out now can handle any game biult for the X-Box.

The X-Box is about 733Mhz processor (i think) and an enhanced GF3 made especally for it.

18. Stryker8

Stryker8 New Member

pc's could handle it but i'v never heard of a dreamcast emulator myself so i have doubts

19. tool

tool BuFs #1 mom

PC's can handle it, but how many people do you really think have the PC to run these games? You need a GeForce 3 and a DvD drive or you cant even consider yourself for even being able to play a Xbox game on your PC.

And you were right about the system specs for the Xbox. The GeForce 3 on the Xbox is a bit more powerful then the current GF3's on the PC right now though.

20. Syri

Syri Who are you calling short?

average system specs are
    P3 800 / athlon 800
    at least 128 mb ram
    dvd drive
    GeForce 2

that spec i would say by my guess is about average. It's not far off the x-box specs, except the graphics, so i'd say most people do have a system comparable to the x-box