Will there be Domination in utk7?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jlobel

Mar 10, 2005
I was just playing the original ut and i was thinking of all the great maps domination had. I hope they bring back the way assult was played along with domination. There was like 40 maps i liked in that game which were the best. Did they announce which game types there bringing back

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I always liked Dom and Ddom. Ddom was probably my most played gametype in ut2k3 after ctf. I'd play it more in 2k4 if there were some damn servers for it.

I'm assuming it won't be included in 2k7 since it wasn't really a "hit", and I think they're trying to keep the game less cluttered and daunting for new players this time around.

Persefone

Ms God!
Jun 2, 2005
The_Head said:
I Hope the bring back Double Domination. Its got all the best bits of TDM combined with an actual goal. Its great fun
DOM and DDOM are the true TDM but the online comunity prefers TDM instead of them and TAM instead of JB. It is a mystery.:confused:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Persefone said:
DOM and DDOM are the true TDM but the online comunity prefers TDM instead of them and TAM instead of JB. It is a mystery.:confused:

Don't you mean TAM instead of LMS (Last Man Standing)?

HardcorexxX

(.)(.)
Jan 31, 2006
Jail break is teh suck :rolleyes:

People prefer TAM over anything else b/c its relativly mindless for the avg player, and much more managable than timing power ups in tdm, on top of making things more "even" by giving the winning team less health and all player set ammo and hp

This all makes for some great noob fun for all the little ONS and TAM noobs running around wanting to tell thier firends how pro they are at unreal :(

reguardless, I highly doubt we'll see a DOM mut, and if we do, no one will play it, b/c no one plays it now and no one really ever did as far as 2k* goes.

I doubt even more about the BR mod as that would take some serious work, and for this next one everyone should cheer

NO MORE INVASION -- haha I always forget this is even a game type:lol: :lol:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
HardcorexxX said:
I doubt even more about the BR mod as that would take some serious work.

Actually, it should be relitively easy since it was originaly a user made mut for UT99 CTF. Epic later added the goals and removed the explosion of the bomb upon scoring though.

Teknomancer

Feb 5, 2006
India
toonsandcomics.com
DOM-SunTemple!!

Btw, what's Domination? How's it different from Double-Dom? Only one point and both teams must secure only one point? sorry I never played the older UTs much (only DMs).

J_L

Dec 14, 2005
Teknomancer said:
DOM-SunTemple!!

Btw, what's Domination? How's it different from Double-Dom? Only one point and both teams must secure only one point? sorry I never played the older UTs much (only DMs).

In Domination there’s dom points around the map that you have to take control of, winning is decided by how many points you have control of and the amount of time you had control of them.:biggrin2:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
DDom would be nice, Dom I can live without. Doubtless one or both will be modded for the game though. Can't remember if there's a VDom for 2k4. Maybe I'm just dreaming ;)

XøL

Jan 20, 2006
I was actually thinking of creating DOM mod for ut2k7 (assuming they won't put it in and nobody beats me to it), since I missed it a lot after moving to ut2k4. DDOM never really did it for me.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Teknomancer said:
DOM-SunTemple!!

Usually it was 2 teams, 5vs5, 3 contol points on a map. Your team gets 1 point for every 5 seconds you hold a point. So if you control 3 points your team gets 3 points every 5 seconds.

It was alot better than DDOM, but unfortunately there never was much intrest in DOM..it's always been the outcast of gametypes. Everyone you ask about it says they like it, but hardly anyone actually played it.
There was however a fairly active ladder on Clanbase back in 1999-2001 but that's dead now. Clan Lucky Strike used to own the European cups and in the Euro ladder they were miles ahead in points. _Zd_ was in second on the ladder for about a year :) Ah the good old days...

Klasnic: this is the original ;)

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I've a feeling I'm mixing them up. I really liked the original Domination in UT. Not the one in 2k3/2k4. Now I'm really confused as to which is which :lol: