will beta3 ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
master_newbie said:
... work online without bugs and lag ?

:B

I don't know about bug-free because every release has bugs, but hopefully it won't have many. As for speed, I never played it online before this version so I can't tell, however it seems bearable for me.

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
One of the lag issues is related to the use of K-Vehicles rather than the more optimum S-Vehicle type, which are presently used in UT2004. Hopefully, this mod will be switching over in the near future. Would speed it up considerably, I think:)

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
will beta 3 use SVehicles then ?

its rather pointless (for me) to download a mod that does not work online

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
master_newbie said:
will beta 3 use SVehicles then ?

its rather pointless (for me) to download a mod that does not work online

K-Vehicles do work online, I can vouchsafe for that. However SVehicles are faster FOR THE CPU.

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
master_newbie said:
I know that KVehicles work online, but I can tell you its unplayable :down:

you mean framerates-wise?

Shrimp seems to be opimising it well, though really I don't know anything about coding so I can't really answer your questions.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
switchign to a new vehicle system will also mean redoing all the models.... at least we will have animated suspension this time