Why don't you play at FragBU?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why aren't you attending FragBU?

• Total voters

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
I didn't know about FragBU until fairly recently. I'll try to get on sometimes but from what I've seen of other UT3 servers, the ping sucks hairy goat penis. Most of the time I'm lucky to find a game <120 that more than a few people are in, and I live in NY. :mad:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Why aren't you attending FragBU?

1) I suck
2) I'm out of practice, hence the reason for #1
3) Matches are either 100% balls-to-the-wall competitive, or 100% clownage
4) I can't hit anything. May be due to the poor server, but more likely due to #1
5) I'm getting older (may better explain #1), and would rather play a party style game these days
6) Not much free time lately, and when I'm free to play, I don't want to have the frustration of getting my butt handed to me in a game that I used to be quite good at
7) Did I mention I suck?

These are the reasons off the top of my head. There are others.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
1) I suck
2) I'm out of practice, hence the reason for #1
3) Matches are either 100% balls-to-the-wall competitive, or 100% clownage
4) I can't hit anything. May be due to the poor server, but more likely due to #1
5) I'm getting older (may better explain #1), and would rather play a party style game these days
6) Not much free time lately, and when I'm free to play, I don't want to have the frustration of getting my butt handed to me in a game that I used to be quite good at
7) Did I mention I suck?

These are the reasons off the top of my head. There are others.

Join us in some L4D!

dc

Aug 17, 2005
I've moved on from UT and PC gaming in general. I play SP games every once in a while, and some L4D co-op, but other than that my time is spent on console games and school.

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
Skakruk - where do you live...Outer Mongolia??? :eek: Surely you have access to enough bandwidth to handle online gaming? Or is it just not affordable where you are?

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
I think the kiddos need to get a job and buy dad a nice Christmas gift. :D

:lol:

Without going into details, things are a little tight this year in the Retard household. This will sound strange, but the good news is that my XBox 360 died. I had a protection plan, and got a gift card in the mail for the price I paid for the system. I'm using that gift card to put presents under the tree for the kids.

My Christmas will come after things turn around a bit. ;)

...although, I DID get two sons for the price of one, meaning I have an extra son. I wonder what they would go for on EBay...

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
OK, well yeah down there in NZ...you're way out in the ocean, mate!! The only ones getting decent ping are floating around on dingys with notebooks hitting satellites! :( And maybe not even them.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Mostly just forgetting, i've been to it a few times.

Also partially because I suck.

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
I mostly play UT 2004 Onslaught and Invasion-RPG and Sins of a Solar Empire now in addition to an occasional UT99 CTF PUG match. If BU had a good, populated UT 2004 Onslaught server I'd probably play on it fairly often.

I'd also idle at BU's IRC channels if they were on Gameradius.net, which is where the UT99 community and the UT99 CTF PUG matches are located.

Last edited:

zd.Osiris

Aug 20, 2008
I don't play at fragbu, cause of ping and timezone difference.
I'm from Ukraine and prefer playing on Ukrainian (ping 25-45) or German(ping 60-75) servers. Don't like to play with ping >80

Jane's_Addiction-

Nov 28, 2008
Add one more to the people who can't take all these ****ing vehaklz. :p

I really don't care about vehicles..I mean I don't find fun running around in circles spawn killing people at their base by running them over, at all. it takes about 0.0% skills. I mean it is hilarious when it happens to me. I can't help but laugh, HARD..But if I wanted to cruise around on cars I'd go play Need for speed..If I want to Rampage I play UT ;) If you can't get down and fight me personally on foot, then ....lol.

So yeah add me to that list. Never really bothered playing any vehicle type.. I just don't find it appealing, I guess.