1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why don't people use the Beta Testing forum?

Discussion in 'UT2004 Discussion' started by Wormbo, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

I'm feeling lonely there. :D

2. modsquad

modsquad The Mod King

Well it says that approximately 170 people have visited your postings, which I would guess that out of those 170 hits, about 60-80 of those are unique. So, perhaps at least 30-40 people have downloaded your mods.

3. Wormbo

That's not what I wanted to say. I know there have to be more projects in beta stage out there.

4. RegularX

RegularX Master of Dagoth Lies

As soon as I get my buy screens working, I'll probably utilize it Right now I don't have much but a scoreboard hack ...

rgx

5. Jeremy Read

Jeremy Read Redeemer rocket jumping champion

Well I use it it's just that I download Beta versions. By the way Wombo keep up the good work.

6. Postal

Postal I apear to have lost my pin.

Why post up betas, I would rather have trusted friends test things then total strangers.

7. RegularX

RegularX Master of Dagoth Lies

That sounds kinda weird to me. I prefer total strangers that have no bias, no foreknowledge and no reason not to give complete and brutal honesty.

When I look for feedback, I'm only half as interested in the positives as I am the negatives. Positives are nice, and all warm fuzzy and stuff, but generally don't equal a change. Negatives show what you really have to change.

I like my trusted friends, don't get me wrong, but I don't consider something tested until it really gets hammered a bit.

rgx

8. Postal

Postal I apear to have lost my pin.

Thing is, I know my friends will do a good job, I have many times had someone test something, and they didnt ever notice bugs that I knew about, when ever I have tried strangers, they have disappointed me(but when I release something, once in a while I will get a good e-mail)

9. Wormbo

I have no friends who play UT (they're only interested in Q3 and Camperstrike:D). So I have to find others who do the testing.
    You can have that problem with your friends, too.