Why does the Terrain Tool create the terrain in an incorrect position?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ravenius

Jul 14, 2008
Hello, I'm very new at the UnrealEd (started this morning..) and I was following a tutorial, found here: http://architectonic.planetunreal.gamespy.com/tutorials/first_level_part6.html

Now the problem is, every single time I try to create a terrain inside a cube with the Terrain Tool, some part of it go out of the cube and isn't positioned correctly (so you can fall away from the other edge while the other edge goes over the wall).

Not completely understanding the whole terrain thing isn't really helping either, so I'm probably just missing something very easy.

Thanks in advance.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
It's just the way it works. The terrain grid is a power of two, so with the origin of the terrain being on one of those points there's going to be an even number on one side of it and an odd number on the other.

Ideally you should never be able to reach the edges of a terrain in a map anyway. Kinda breaks the illusion.