Why cant i import music into unrealed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

C5m7b4

Oct 13, 2003
I am using UT2003 with unrealed 3.0. When i open up the music browser, it is empty so i decided to select my view file types to all. this results in only seeing .ogg files. i did a search for .umx files in windows and I have non. Does ut2003 only use .ogg files. If so then when i try to import my .it file it converted with modplug ( 8bit 22khz sample rate mono .wav file) it never shows up and if i try and save the package it prompts me to save as .umx file type. i am really confused. can anyone help me?
C5

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
UT2003 doesn't have support for module music anymore. The music browser is still there, but that's all: It's there.

If you want to use music, put it in the UT2003\Music directory as an .OGG file and specify its name without the file extension in the Song property of your map.

stefanemmerik

Mar 24, 2004
Music listen to other players

Hello,

I've maked a level for ut 2004 in the editor 3.0

I've indeed the .ogg music file putted into the folder: ut2004\music

I saved the level editor and i set my level to a dedicated server.

When i come into my game online i indeed hear my music, but other players that downloaded my level and came in, they aren't hearing my music!!

Haven't they downloaded my .ogg or is er something with my level in the editor or the editor itsself?

Please help me!

Stefan Emmerik.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
stefanemmerik said:
Hello,

I've maked a level for ut 2004 in the editor 3.0

I've indeed the .ogg music file putted into the folder: ut2004\music

I saved the level editor and i set my level to a dedicated server.

When i come into my game online i indeed hear my music, but other players that downloaded my level and came in, they aren't hearing my music!!

Haven't they downloaded my .ogg or is er something with my level in the editor or the editor itsself?

Please help me!
Stefan Emmerik.

Well, It's been a few months. You've probably figured it out by now, but if not...
You have to put the .ogg file in the .zip file you send out and tell folks in the readme (which you have also included) to put the .ogg file in the music folder.

Last edited:

-{Ts}-Deathshot

Aug 7, 2004
zombiewoof said:
Well, It's been a few months. You've probably figured it out by now, but if not...
You have to put the .ogg file in the .zip file you send out and tell folks in the readme (which you have also included) to put the .ogg file in the music folder.
So theres no way at all to make the song download with the map of the server ? that what i would like to do is have the server send it with the map

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
-{Ts}-Deathshot said:
So theres no way at all to make the song download with the map of the server ?
Nope.
I guess Epic thought the best way to save download time from ut server was to make the music non essential. Music (ogg) is the one file type that will not dl from the server nor is it even needed to run the map.