why are turrets more powerful then in xmp?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
i can destroy a rocket turret with one normal energy rifle fire + one alt fire and it goes boom.

In utxmp it takes 2 alt fires at least

autoturrets the same,

xmp one alt shotty up close and boom
in utxmp
one normal shot + alt fire

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
for gunners, no difference in damage. 2 rockets for rocket turret, 1 rocket for auto turret.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
GotBeer? said:
Is it different for Gunner rockets? U2XMP-autoturret 1 shot, rocket turret 2 shots.

Actually they seem to take more damage for gunner to kill them too than U2XMP. while the number of shots is the same for direct hits, 1-2 close in splash damages(depending on type) does not kill the turret. With how hard they are to see without skins that are properly adjusted for the different UT2k4 lighting system and less visible muzzle flash particle effects, this is definitely a problem.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
PRG said:
... With how hard they are to see without skins that are properly adjusted for the different UT2k4 lighting system and less visible muzzle flash particle effects, this is definitely a problem.

This is exactly the problem IMO. The skins (even though they are the EXACT skins from U2XMP) they completely blend into their surroundings. The skins for both turrets and PLAYERS seem to have the same problem. What I mean is that player skins are REALLY affected by the map colors being used. For instance in RGB, players on the RED team when standing on the BLUE side are BLACK. They are no longer RED. So it seems, like you said PRG, that the skins need to be adjusted for the 2k4 lighting system for both turrets and players.

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
if the turrents shoot, they are easy to see in U2XMP, but in UTXMP, that shooting is harder to see.

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
Towanda said:
yep, visibility and sound (often you dont hear the darn turrets) really needs to be fixed

I'm not so sure the sound problem is limited to turrets. I can never hear a raptor coming at all. I'll be walking along minding my own business dispatching Lei at a rapid pace and all of the sudden I'll get splattered by a raptor. While this is not uncommon given the nbk-vehicle rule, I can't hear it coming at all.

gpk

bah!
Aug 30, 2000
Bahaha Lei>Fleury

Yes louder raptor/turret sounds are desparately needed (along w/ bug fixes!)

gpk

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
i feel sorry for lei
he gets owned by fleury for over a year now and still no sign of things changing

fleury
you're a sadist
leave lei alone