1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Who would be up for testing FHI v3?

Discussion in 'General mod talk' started by Parser, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Parser

Parser Hello

Well, we'd like to get a group of people who like the mod together to test version 3 and help iron out any remaining faults, basically. We're not sure when we'll have a test version ready, but if you'd like to help make this thing perfect when it goes for a public release, then please help do so! :)

To entice you, the list of features new to v3 are:

* Over 30 maps in total.

* Tons of new monsters to replace the old boring ones, including "turncoat" soldiers which will use shock rifles, rocket launchers and so on.

* Boss maps! On the final wave (by default it's wave 8) of the maps prefixed with BOSS, a boss will be spawned with 20000 health, and as a team it's your job to take it down to win the match. Some are huge, some are just plain big, but their attacks do a lot of damage.

* New weapons and revamped old weapons (eg the flare launcher and mini rocket launcher) - new weapons include the Howitzer, Pistols, Shotgun, Singularity cannon, Radiant Grenade Launcher and Widowmaker.

* Reduced health and shield points from previous versions - you start with 200 health and can collect up to 500 and you can have a max of 200 shield points. This deters you from becoming a one man fighting machine and steers you more in the direction of working as a team.

* Objective based maps! 2 "assault" maps of this kind - DesertAssault and MountainTrogg, where you have to complete a series of objectives while coming under attack from the monsters to win the match, and 2 "defence" maps - Underground and Fortress, where you must stop monsters from reaching a certain point otherwise you will lose the match.

There are quite a few other changes, but in true Fraghouse style, we've gone and, er, forgotten them.. :shy:

However, I can give you a list of the new monsters which you'll be facing:

* Ghost - Almost invisible to the naked eye, you can usually spot this monster by a yellow "swooping" dot on your radar and the ambient sound it produces. By the time it's on you, unless you keep a keen eye open, it's probably too late..

* Guardian - A Xan-style robot which wields a rocket launcher and will have no second thoughts about blowing you sky-high with it.

* Ictus - An evolution of the Skaarj, the Ictus can fly, and they fire extremely fast rockets from both of their hands. If you're lucky, you can hear the rockets just whizz past you.

* Maphorus - Thought the Manta were just plain dull and annoying? Check out their blood-red relatives - faster, stronger and ten times more annoying. Yikes.

* Sand man - Straight from Egypt, these guys. They run straight up to you and head-on attack you until you're dead. Fancy dodging is the order of the day here, because they love slow players.

* Turncoat - A genetically-morphed human which carries a shock rifle around with you. They have been brainwashed to fight for the monster side, so show them the tip of your turbo laser.

* Skeleton - No, these aren't sexually depressed.. instead, they'll run straight up to you and smash you to pieces.

* Solid Shot - Like the turncoats, these guys were previously human. They carry lightning guns and love to head hunt.

* Spider - Bored of the Pupae? How about some spider mines instead? Yep.

* Trogg - A ground-based Skaarj that wields its fists at you and nothing else. It's more deadly than it sounds.

* Zombie - Rather like the Trogg in most aspects, another melee-based fighter. It's a bit slower, but takes more killing.

---

If you are interested in testing, please reply below stating so. :)

2. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

Wow, my first venture into the Fraghouse forums. :eek:

I'm up for testing. :)
    New monsters look interesting! :instagib:

3. Artman40

Artman40 New Member

Count me in too! Please. :crazydance: :crazydance:

4. P4nt3g4n4

P4nt3g4n4 New Member

i'd like to try the mod too :)

5. -]RONO[-_666

-]RONO[-_666 New Member

You already got me in parser :p :fluffle:

6. pointblank

pointblank New Member

Count me in too, the bosses are a great idea.

7. =NS=sOuLs

=NS=sOuLs The r0xx0r 1337

Man, awesome, i have always been a big fan of the fraghouse invasion series, count me in boys ;)
    Email is kungfumaster53@hotmail.com

8. atticbat

atticbat FragBait

Be more than happy to test it out ;)

9. Mest4life135

Mest4life135 New Member

hell ya ill try but would i need a fullversion of fraghouse? cuz im jw cuz i had it b4 but i deleated it trying to fix sumtin so im jw :D

10. Lunatic123

Lunatic123 TriggerHappy

hell ya

i would luv to omg fraghouse inv is awesome i think this boss thing is a good idea
    its prob my favorite mod to begin with and to make to better is just crazy :eek: :D :lol: :) :boom:
    Email is lunatic123@aol.com the smily face has a invisible wall other dude keeps rrtying to though a nade at him ....someone should tell him

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  11. papaschtroumpf

papaschtroumpf New Member

Wow, some of you guys actually signed up on the forum for the first time to get in on this offer!?!

I'm willing to help. I can setup a dedicated server under Linux, and test play.
    Can't help with anything that might require mapping knowledge though.
    Let me know when you're ready.

12. adamhc

adamhc New Member

I would love to beta test. FHI Is one of my favorite mods to play. Such a great breath of fresh air. and great bot support to boot!!! Sounds like you may have another winner on your hands. Hope to see in phase 4 of the MSU contest. :D

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  13. papaschtroumpf

papaschtroumpf New Member

Hey Hyrulian!
    papaschtroumpf = FlakDaddy>VIII< :eek:

Nice to see another Factor VIII Contingency member here! I see we tend to lurk in similar places, I've seen some of your posts on Angel Mapper's site too.

14. [GU]Opcode

[GU]Opcode New Member

Yes Atticbat and myself are the server testers at Gamerzunlimited.com and would be happy to test the new version.

15. PreyingMasta

PreyingMasta Aspiring UnrealED Master

Being a huge Invasion fan. Sign me up!!

.-=PM=-

16. Gronok

Gronok New Member

Hi, I am new here, I have UT2004 and I love it, I play to everyday, and I have some mods too, and I love to kill big/huge monsters! I would love to beta test for you guys. "cheers" my email is leonidxbox@msn.com please email me or PM me. Thank you :D

17. Moofis

Moofis New Member

18. TRipflydog

TRipflydog New Member

I would like to test

I am a big cooperative game play fan. Your ideas for invasion seem cool. I can’t wait.

19. 8mm_BuLLEt

8mm_BuLLEt I will rule the world!

Dahg NAMMIT, I really want to test it too! :p

20. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

Wow, thanks for all the positive comments and offers to test V3 guys - your support and enthusiasm makes it all that much better :tup: