1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Who will win Super Bowl XXXVIII?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Dopefish, Jan 18, 2004.

?

"Two out of three ain't bad..."

1. New England Patriots

27 vote(s)
    77.1%
  2. Carolina Panthers

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. The Dopefish

The Dopefish Active Member

Since the game is a formality at this point, I'll show you how big my testicles are by posting this thread 10 minutes before the end of the game.

C'mon...the Panthers? Their best player is their punter.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2004
  2. thewalkingman

thewalkingman ssssssssssss bugger!

The only excitement of the Superbowl will be the terrorists actually attempting a terror act .

and with Mcnabb out maybe we can get over the "controversy"

3. [FO]Crafty

[FO]Crafty heterolicious

I choose no one cause football sucks

4. phil

phil OH GOD

You know every year dope posts this same exact thread and every year we do this to it. Maybe this year a mod should DELETE ALL THE POSTS LIKE THIS ONE.^^^^^

5. tool

tool BuFs #1 mom

I like both teams, but New England patriots all the way.

6. The Dopefish

It's a damn shame McNabb got injured. No one wants that to happen to a team, putting in a Detmer. :D

7. [FO]Crafty

[FO]Crafty heterolicious

Maybe you can only hope huh phil? Better that no one has opinions if you want to better this thread delete yourself.

8. Gundato

Gundato Wangosaurus Rex

Crafty, if you don't care, don't post. It is that simple.

No one gives a damn if you don't care, we won't be hurt if you do not reply to every thread :p

9. The Dopefish

Bugger off, please. Else, I'll also request the mods shut you up.

10. Nickelass

Nickelass In the Flesh?

i dont really care. most superbowls i could care less who wins unless Dallas is playing, in which case i would root for them.

11. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

I'm cheering for the Panthers because they're underdogs and have played extremely well all season. Maybe if they beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl they will get respect.

12. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

Patriots!

...crap! I just realized I accidentally clicked the wrong one above! Dammit!

13. The Dopefish

I've completed my sim of the game...and it was ugly. The Pats won 57-10, which was capped by 8 INT thrown by Panthers QB Jake Delhomme.

Offensive yardage was more aerial, with 413 of Carolina's 482 yards and 359 of New England's 398 yards coming overhead. The Pats had more punt return yards (133) than there were total rushing yards (108), capped by an 80-yard punt return by Bethel Johnson. Only one penalty in the game, a holding on a kickoff by the Panthers.

Passing, again, played a huge part in the game, and Tom Brady was far more accurate (35 for 68, 3 TDs, 2 INT) than his counterpart (38 for 91, 8 INT, 0 TD), thouh Brady was sacked 7 times. The longest run by either team was 10 yards, by Antowain Smith and Stephen Davis. Longest reception was a Kevin Faulk 32-yard catch.

Defense played a huge role on both sides, but MVP Otis Smith was "all upons", snagging 3 INTs. Eugene Wilson and Ted Washington gave the Pats 12 more points, on and 80-yard INT and an 80-yard fumble return on a fake FG (mind you, Ted Washington is a 300+ pound nose tackle), respectively.

Todd Sauerbrun punting was a common occurence in the first half, having punted 10 times before the half. (He punted only 4 more times.) Ken Walter also punted frequently, booting off 13 punts. (Surprisingly, Walter, usually a poor punter, bested the typically better Sauerbrun in net yardage, 33.3 to 25.8.) Adam Vinatieri also had a career game, kicking 5 field goals, none of which would be considered as clutch as his any of the ones so associated with him.

(The game was simulated using Madden 2004 on All-Pro level. 15 minute quarters.)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  14. thewalkingman

thewalkingman ssssssssssss bugger!

<Buddy`xp`lee> so has Carolina won any sims yet?
    <phil> I simulated the superbowl in techmobowl for the nes
    <phil> the red team won
    <phil> k thnx

Attached Files:

15. ApostleX3000

ApostleX3000 unit 3000-21 is warming

I guess I shouldnt be feeding the trolls. Football is a wonderful sport that brings joy to millions of Americans(but sadness to me because i work in the chicken wing biz, and football = hard work).

Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  16. ViperXL

ViperXL Great Car

Well, Let me tell you Dopefish, the Superbowl is much more than a formality :) Remember the Rams-Patriots superbowl? how much of a formality was that? ;) Dont sell any superbowl team short. Ever.

Anyway, i do think that the Patriots have the obvious advantage, we'll see what happens.

I just wanted the Colts to lose this week so all the fair-weather Colts fans and Bandwagon fans would shut up finally. Thank god i dont have to hear anymore "We Believe in Blue" ad campaigns anymore here at college in Indiana. It gets a little annoying.

Dope: There was a column in the Sports page in the Indy paper that said how "America" wanted the Colts to be in the superbowl. That was one of the funniest and most biased columns ive ever read in sports, and many times in the middle he said he has never been accused of being biased :). It was great

Hell, i dont really care who wins as much, i really want a good game for a superbowl. That would be nice.

17. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Well, having lived in Indianapolis for some time, and suffering through years of bad teams, I have to say that I was pulling for the Colts.

Now that they're gone.. I can't decide.

I do know this... New England is going to have to do a whole hell of a lot better than kick 5 field goals to win.

18. 19

19 inbred

i'm gonna be rooting for the panthers but i think the pats got it in the bag, guess well see eh?

19. Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal Anfractuous Aluminum

20. Clayeth

Clayeth Classic

I think it will be a pretty good game, and although I'd love to see the Panthers win, my prediction is the Pats.