1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Who wants to go skinny dipping?

Discussion in 'Concept Discussion Board' started by Neuroflare, Aug 12, 2001.

1. Neuroflare

Neuroflare Brewer - Patriot

HELPS MES PLEASES!!! I am not a very good artist. As a matter of fact, the greatest piece of art i ever made was some gawd-awful tie dye t-shirt at a school fair. Or maybe it was some drawing that took third in the school's art show for 1 point perspective, irregardless, i need somebody to skin a bunch of enforcers differently. Once i get skins, Enforcer Arena will be complete!!! In other words, full version 1.0!!! I know you're all excited, but keep your pants on, 'cause its not done yet. That's where you come in. Only YOU can get Enforcer Arena to full version. And in return, i'll mention you mad skinning skillz 10, read it, 10 times in the readme. Talk about publicity. If that's not incentive enough, then I could do it 11 times, or maybe add a couple more stuff to the list, like a pack of gum, mailed, to your house, even if you are from new zealand, florida, california, or wherever. Here's my email if you're interested: neuroflare@qwest.net
    -Thanks a Bundle

2. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Well, I might as well give you that one I've already made. It's the shock enforcer one. It's the same one I used on my laser pistol.

3. Neuroflare

thanks a bundle, 1 down, 8 to go, plus smoke just got his name mentioned! easy isn't it? just submit one!

4. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

All right, who else downloaded it? If you just downladed it twice, Neuroflare, that's okay, but if someone else did, don't go around using it an' calling it yer own. I think I'll e-mail any else that I make.

5. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

I sent you the flak enforcer skin. I think it looks a bit plastic, but I haven't tried it in-game. Let me know if you want a new one that looks less plasticy, and I'll try to make one. Maybe I'll do the ripper enforcer next. You know, I don't think this thread is entirely necessary now...

6. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

Dragonfly_of_Forgery long gone

Security breach in sector twelve! Activate the turrets! Send out the troopers!

(Insert DX alarm music, which incidentally seems to be copied from a sound library because I think I heard the same alarm in La Femme Nikita.)

"Hey! It's Denton!"

"Watch out- This one's some kind of mech!"

(Machine gun sound and yell of pain)

<surprised> "That wasn't just a grunt..."

7. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Denton!? Where? I thought I killed that bum! Ah! There he be! Why yew! *Sounds of 'bad stuff™' commence* No good lousy bum! Eh, what was we talkin' 'bout again?

8. Neuroflare

What was that running sound? Did i just here a grenade land by me? Hmmm... I'm 20 feet away from that guy, but my AI coding says I can't notice him. Hmmm... must be nothing.

9. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

No, I don't think that is what we were conversing about...

10. Neuroflare

I don't care, i just wanted to say that, sorry for being expressive, I'll try not to express my opinions about anything.

11. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

No, it is good to express yourself. Take this expresion, for example:
    I like waffles! And cheese!
    Pretty neat, huh?

12. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

I just sent you ripper and new flak enforcer skins. Next time you see me on ICQ, be sure to mention skinning, so's I can help you get it working.

13. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

The thing is, if the NPCs (should I call them that?) weren't so stupid ("Well, he's just snuck into the base and shot 10 people, but he must be gone by now so lets stop searching."), sneaking in the game would be impossibly hard. Can you imagine sneaking past guards who didn't walk in exactly straight lines without turing around, who actually checked the shadows for people? Who after seeing you would chase you for more than 30 seconds?

14. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

It'd also be hard if they could see farther.

15. Neuroflare

Yeah, I already realized that, if it were more realistic, it would be HELLUVA harder. and much more satisfying to sneak past that gaurd.

16. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Yeah, but if it were more realistic, there probably wouldn't be as many guards. Cameras probably wouldn't be quite as much trouble, either.

17. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

It would be interesting if there was a camera system with a security guard sitting in a room full of cameras. Getting spotted would only matter if someone was in that room at the time.

One way of making the game easy enough with intelligent guards would be giving the player special powers. For example, if you started DX with cloak and run silent sneaking would be a lot easier.

I think less enemies would be a good idea too. Less enemies but smarter enemies.

Also, the enemies could be weaker. I am currently trying to play on Realistic difficulty and I have a funny feeling that I have less health than a NSF grunt. (The difficulty affects how much damage the player takes, but nothing else)

Anyone interesting in making something for DX?

18. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

What sort of something?

19. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

A multiplayer mod about stealth would be cool.

You would remove the target-identifing crosshair and the "you have spotted an enemy!" text and change some weapons and augs.

A single player mission would be cool too.

20. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Actually, I've just been accepted into the Tempus team.