Who want to join their army ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do you want to be in your army ?

• Yes, I will be or maybe. I would like that.

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • No, never! Keep that in INF

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • I was. This time is my past know.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I cannot. (Health, etc..)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Hey I'm still in it !

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
The most important thing one can ever do to open their eyes...leave home. See whats beyond the state border, and then international borders. Go experience the world for yourself.
As a civilian tourist, people feel they either have to put on a show for you, or just avoid you altogether. But as a member of a foreign military service, you become the show, and they want to know about you, and thus will be themselves.
Wisdom comes only from life experience.

Well, technically all the places I have ever lived have been international :cool:

I have only ever lived in the US when I was born, and when I was in 4th-6th grade there. Aside from that, I have been all over the world- Russia, Philippines, China, Japan, Thailand, France etc.

But I have always visited as a foreigner... so I never got to know much about those countries :) That and I was far too young to learn (or care) about the culture there. It's a little different now, and that is why I want to join the military. For external experiences I wouldn't get with some job out somewhere.

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
E_S: Yes, one of the questions on the little sheet was something along the lines of "Do you have or have you ever had athsma." If you check yes, it's not an automatic DQ, but depending on your condition and the doctor that does your physical, you may have to go have a second, athsma-specific physical, that involves a test that somehow induces an athsma attack on you. I can hardly remember the last time I've had an athsma attack or even used an inhaler, so my situation is a little easier... my advice to you is to run your ass off now, about twice a week (like I'm doing)... if you've ditched the inhaler by the time you take the physical, you can just lie and skip the red tape... but if not you may have a problem.

eXaXXion

temporarily retired
May 28, 2001
in heaven
Visit site
here in germany we have compulsory military service, but you can also do social work if you want to.

but i wanted to join the army for the 11 months, because here in germany its the only opportunity for the common people to shoot real guns legally:rolleyes: ,
(psst, i didnt say that when they asked me why i wanted to join:D )

the strongest memory i have is that of a night assault excercise, me sitting in a trench, inhalating the smell of a just fired g3, the smell of a rainshower in contrast.
that was awesome.

BUT actually i had to dig the trench, my clothes were totally wet afterwards, sand was stuck in places i didnt knew i had them, and after exercise was over... again, my clothes were wet and i was freezing like hell. and some stupid ass, younger than me, dumber as well, was ordering me around.

after 10 months i found that negativ experiences were superior.
i have had enough of that crap. so i didnt extend.

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
I may have joined my national army, if just i diddent live in Denmark, our "army" is pathetic!

They are armed with WW-II era equipment, the size of the whole army is no bigger than that of a small city of many of our naighboring countries, and its controlled by a government that would would surrender the country to an enemy if they promised them icecream!

The only reason we have an army is to send it off on UN missions every now and then so we look good internationally :rolleyes:

In case of war against Denmark, i'll rather train my marksmanship in the hidden, and join a rebel army that wont just surrender after two f<b></b>ucking houers of fighting (witch was what happened durring WW-II, witch was the last time we where under atack, rebels did all the fighting, and quite well considering the odds).

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Originally posted by Goat ****er
that would would surrender the country to an enemy if they promised them icecream!

Join The foreign legion guy !
grin.gif

AtomicAxis

PHD in keeping it REAL!!
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by Sebu_NZ
Yes please let me join New Zealand army with all there great stuff they have, oh how 'bout fuck off :D

I dont think they could afford you elite skillz anyways Sebu. Did i read something recently saying that the NZ army was downsizing bigtime cuz they were out of cash?

RavenStarSinger

I can make you die laughing or just shoot you
May 30, 2001
On the grassy knoll . . .
Visit site
Hmmmm . . .

Will we have a leader named "Big Boss"? The only problem with you Inf-heaven is that a large percentage will only be "l33t soldiers" if they are controlling the action via keyboard. Other than that, nice idea, though!:p