Who here plays Roguelike RPGs?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
i've been pimping roguelike RPGs for a while now, but no one has really responded, although i'm sure some of the more old school PC/C64 gamers have played them. for those who aren't in the know, here are some links to get you started:

Angband Home Page. lots and lots of games and good info.. check this place first.

Dungeons of Doom. get the original Rogue here, and lots of stuff on the history.

Zangband home page. good stuff, also development stuff.

Falcons Eye a great nethack modification.

that's it for now... i want everyone to DL at least one of these games (i reccomend Angband or Zangband, my faves) and tell me what you think. hop to it!!!!!!!:D

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
:D

Plus <a href="http://www.win.tue.nl/~kroisos/ragnarok/" target="_blank">one that introduced me to the whole genre...</a>

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Hehehe, me wishes day last 48 hours and not f*cking 24 hours...

But in my few nights free, I prefer to play PnP RPG, the best so far...

Just curious: I'm playing a Power&Peril campaign (well, a very modified version of it :p), anyone still knows this game ?

@MadDog: as Canadian, you should play the best Canadian RPG ever (they have a wonderfull and complete world) => Skyrealms of Jorune.

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by MadWoffen
Hehehe, me wishes day last 48 hours and not f*cking 24 hours...

But in my few nights free, I prefer to play PnP RPG, the best so far...

Just curious: I'm playing a Power&Peril campaign (well, a very modified version of it :p), anyone still knows this game ?

@MadDog: as Canadian, you should play the best Canadian RPG ever (they have a wonderfull and complete world) => Skyrealms of Jorune.

fill me in on both of them please:D.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Argh! Explain all this ?!?

Well, didn't find much about p&p in the net, except this:
http://www.gamers.com/game/281685
but it seems the game is not published anymore. Anyway, we aren't playing any official campaign but a world invented...14 years ago...(he is 38 years old) and it would be too long to talk about it.

Now for the Canadian game, you should really check for Jorune in a store. They have an "official" site but it seems quite death. (www.jorune.org).

This one seems good as an introduction:
http://rdushay.home.mindspring.com/Museum/Jorrevw.html
Jorcover.gif

Burdoth.GIF

Ardoth.GIF

ISCIN.GIF

Note: another game I played a lot is also canadian IIRC: HarnMaster. The best system to play historic games and to scotch to reality but a bit complex to manage.