Who are the Top UT2004 Pro 1v1 players?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Hey peeps, I was wondering if my fellow BUF'ers could drop a few names on me. Just out of curiosity, I'm trying to find out who some of the UT2004 Pro players are. DM 1v1 is more or less the category I'm looking for, but I'm mainly, for the fun of it, just trying to learn who the best of the best is at UT2004. :)

Thanks in advance for any names, Prozac ;)

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Erm, just a few names off the top of the head ...

Lauke
GitzZz
Fatality
Ownz
Bangbus Bernie
Falcon

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Stryfe
Combat Carl
GiMiX
GitzZz
Lauke

and definitely not fatality, he got so pwned at the fatality shootout (whatever they called it) where he played 1v1 with anyone who wanted to. Lauke handed him his a$$ by about 11-1 or something. He just doesn't play the game consistantly enough to keep up with the above.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
You gotta check out winz and Falcon from *aAa*. They are teh pwnage. Unlike Fatal1ty. He's so cliche now. :crazydance:

Go to www.unrealnorth.com and check their demos section (gotta register first). It's mostly Euros but they pwn the US anyway. There's some good non-1v1 TDM stuff in there too.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Ordered by skill:

USA:

CombatCarl
Stryfe
GiMiX
Lotus
Dawgpound

Euro:

Winz
Falcon
Lauke
kiLLu
DevilMC
Forrest

I would have included GitzZz and Burnie in the list, but they don't play UT2004 anymore. Fatal1ty is just a joke.

BTW, kiLLu beat CombatCarl at ESWC very solidly. That should give you an idea of how much better Euros are at this game.

You could also check the ESWC seedings for more players.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Ok so I downloaded Gimix vs. Lotus 1v1 from mml....but in the demo, Lotus named showed up as +Litis or Litus .....is this a joke....or not the same guy as Lotus....although the correct spelling of his name was on the Demo title.

Thanks, Prozac

A

Aggression

Prolly Battledragon, but I don't think he plays nomore, he's from USA

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
gim is probably better than stryfe now, because stryfe doesn't play much or even care anymore. He has back pains that stop him from playing ut2k4 for long periods. Euros are better than US, because they can LAN easier, and even when they play online, they almost might as well be on LAN with their low pings. :lol:

Some euro is probably going to disagree, but I'm right because I'm an american. ;/ but if CC was able to practice more 1v1 against other good US players in a near LAN environment, like euros can, he would be a lot better ranked than he is now. I don't think his bootcamp group did very well, either.

DP and Lotus are a throwup. But I'd say DP is ranked higher than Lotus.

And you all forgot Xyber. :( Xyber owns!! He is one of the coolest pro players(with gim), plus he's proven himself against DP and Lotus, several times in recent LANs, and that's after playing WoW for ages. :lol:

Fatal1ty is probably one of the best multiple game 1v1 players, but he can't hang with the top ut2k4 specific players in ut2k4.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
It's probably because of the very-low-ping community UT / FPS gaming had from Germany and Holland and scandinavia that Euros seem to have developed the better bunch.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
What's with the "Europe is better than USA" thingy? Even if true, does it matter? It's not because some Europeans are better competitive that it means anything on the average skill of the players. The theory that it's because lower overall ping is only slightly believeable (as if the top USA players can't find a low pinging, competitive server everytime they want to play).

@Xander: I don't know where you've got that idea from, but tell your source he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
Unfortunate enough :(

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Including astz also because's he's the only UK guy with a chance :)

Raffi_B said:
Winz
Falcon
Lauke
kiLLu
DevilMC
Forrest

I wouldn't stick Forrest in there really, luxxiz should be in the list. seiM and zei0 from dRagonz.V7, along with d`astz all made it to the top 4 of the Giga GrandSlam (along with kiLLu) and they're close to that top rank.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
randyannie said:
Ok so I downloaded Gimix vs. Lotus 1v1 from mml....but in the demo, Lotus named showed up as +Litis or Litus .....is this a joke....or not the same guy as Lotus....although the correct spelling of his name was on the Demo title.

Thanks, Prozac
No, it's lotus. Probably a typo that he was too lazy to fix.