1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which of this weapon(s) YOU would use for deathmatch?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Creavion, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Creavion

Creavion New Member

a) Lighting Gun
    b) Sniper Rifle (Classic Version)
    c) Grenade Launcher?

I see all this 3 weapons usable for deathmatch, some people means that the grenade launcher is to strong for deathmatch. What you you think?

2. Nunchuk_Skillz

Nunchuk_Skillz New Member

Actually, I don't think most people feel that the grenade launcher is too strong for deathmatch.

The reason why competitive players don't like it is because of how random it is (with the way they bounce around) and how spammable it is, since you can just launch a few down a hallway or around a corner and hope to get a totally lucky, skill-less kill.

3. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

• I hit waaay better with the Sniper Rifle than the LtG for some reason :rolleyes: , but the LtG is more lethal and has earned its place in UT - so bye bye Sniper!
    • There's no Grenade Launcher

... so I choose A. ;)

4. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

A

Can't hit a damn thing with the crapper, I mean, sniper. And the grenade launcher in DM is dumb. Running at someone on foot with a grenade launcher is basically suicide. It's like the bio rifle only less useful.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  5. Sahkolihaa

Sahkolihaa Ow...

Deffo A :)

6. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

The first two. I've never really seen the Grenade Launcher in DM maps, so it being too strong isn't too much of an issue. (Of course, I suck at using all of them anyway)

7. m&ms

m&ms Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.

LtG all the way. Sniper is made more for large ONS types games where people actually sit still and snipe.

8. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

It's in KillBillyBarn for some reason. The stick-nades are pretty funny, but they definitely don't belong in a deathmatch map. Hence my utter denial. :)

9. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Wandering spirit

A and C. Lightning gun is in most levels, and it balances out nicely. I don't mind the smoke or even the 10 less damage of the classic thingy, but the fact that changing weapons takes about 3 times as long really screws up my play. :hmm:

And as for grenade launcher...I don't mind maps having them. It balances out as far as I can tell (hard to hit, but very damaging when it does), and even has a somewhat tactical advantage (put them on the ground, and when an enemy walks over...boom :p ). I somewhat dislike the "all normal weapons" layout every fri**** map ships with nowadays :hmm:

10. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

Maybe they're considered a redneck weapon too?

11. briach

briach ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ

q3 or ut99 grenades.

12. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

A & B. I think the difference in Sniper/LtG hits is mostly Psychological, though you do have to lead a tiny bit more with the Sniper than the LtG.

13. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Technically they should fire in exactly the same manner: on a click, trace out from the player's point of view 17,000 units and see what it hits at that moment, then draw the effects and tell them they got a hit a little later. It's probably all psychological. But you've got to admit the sniper having the switch-away delay when it's an inferior weapon compared to the lightning is pretty dumb.

14. briach

briach ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ

Sniper was never meant to be used in the same map as the lightning.

The sniper rifle is meant for large AS maps and etc, because they don't want hitscan to be overpowered and at the same time they want to promote camp and snipe gameplay and the puff and very small bullet trace supports that.

They are made for different style maps, so one shouldn't really compare them and think they have to compensate for their pros or cons. They are just made for different gameplay.

15. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

I perfer the Sniper, because it seems a little faster then the lightning, but I do Love the power of the lightning, esp when you have the amp. the power makes me drool just thinking about it :D. Both should never be in the same map IMO, though. It just feels weird when they are, unless of course it's a wide open sniper map.

16. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

LtG or sniper. I get a lot mroe headshots with the sniper for some reason. It just seems easier.

ANd the grenade launcher on DM? WTF, that would be stupid. :/

17. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

We just played ONS-UCMP-ABE-ECE-LOL-WTF-MLUTE-101-SE-LE-PRO-][ during FragBU and for whatever reason both snipers are in the map... I had to throw the regular sniper away just to get to my lightning gun. :mad:

18. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR

I prefer to enter deathmatch armed with only this simple piece of wisdom.

[​IMG]

19. dc

dc

Grenade launcher in DM is dumb. Keep it in vCTF ONS and AS plz

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  20. briach

briach ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ

Sticky grenades would be a lot cooler if you could attach them to yourself. That could be fun in DM; lot's of suicide fun.