Which games did you never complete?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
namu said:
Dragon Crystal (on Master System), I really wish I did see the end of this one
AVP (played Alien to the end, never really bothered with the other characters)

that's all :)

AVP: The marine moves fast, but he's too vulnerable. F.e. the falling damage is ridiculous. It's also accompagnied by an annoying red flash.

The predator: I think this one was most fun to play as.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
"The predator: I think this one was most fun to play as."

Agreed!:) This is actually one I finished (all three characters as well). I'm saving the Predator for last in AvsP2, so I haven't tried him there yet.

Mas

Paul Aka Mas
Dec 9, 2003
I never finished half life, got to the bit where you go to the other dimension, then got stuck, my pc broke, and lost my save.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
GotBeer? back in Sept '05 said:
Games I haven't finished on my new(er) PC:
Vice City - How hard do I have to hunt for stuff to do now? It's ridiculous
UT2K4 - Everyone that's seen me in XMP knows I'm not that great. In sp, I'm actually stuck on CTF-Grassy Knoll. You know, run out of money, go back to deathmatch to make money, play ctf, run out of money, go back to deathmatch to make money, repeat. Same thing with that pyramid(?) level in Domination. I suck
Doom3 - Just haven't had time to play, but I'm almost in Hell
HalfLife2 - Got it for Xmas, haven't installed it yet

I recently found the next game I will buy and not install for a long time: Far Cry is clearanced for $10 at Target right now.
Vice City - Hasn't been reinstalled since I installed XP on a new HD in Dec.
UT2K4 - Same boat on my reinstall: I suck.
Doom3 - I'm in Hell! woot!
HL2 - Finished it. Ending is rediculously easy.
Far Cry - How do I sucessfully get out of the wrecked ship with 45 million bad guys and a squadron of helicopters firing at me as soon as I poke my head out of the hatch? Gagh!
FEAR - Actually runs on my Barton 2500 and ti4200.

At the beginning of March The Wife's work hours changed. Now we're home at the exact same time, which means no fun (gaming-wise) for me anymore.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Far Cry- meh, got cheesy after the bald monkeys were introduced.
Splinter Cell 3- I only play it when I'm really bored.
Oblivion- Boring, I can only walk around and swing a sword at goblins for so long.
Serious Sam 2- I don't see the point.

This year has really sucked for gaming so far.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Mas said:
I never finished half life, got to the bit where you go to the other dimension, then got stuck, my pc broke, and lost my save.

Well, to be honest the Xen part sucks. The maps are far less in quality than the earlier ones. Think about the excellent "surface tension" unit. Sure, it was though at first, but fun to play.

Most "earth" units are worth the bother. Alas, the xen units... :-/...

Imho, my pick for the worst unit has to be either Nihilanth or Gonarch.
That spider is exrtremily annoying. But once you figure out how to kill it, things become way too easy.

You didn't miss that much. The real, actual fun ends when you enter xen. imho.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Say, is there an actual "end" to Carmageddon? I think I've completed everything, though. I have seen the short movie, where you get your reward and all of the sudden the cop shows up. He's really pissed off etc...

Now I have all cars, and all races are avalaible. So my guess is, I've "completed" the game. So to speak. But I wonder if there's still something I haven't seen yet.

Probably not, though.

The cop car is great btw. I've wanted to drive it for many years. Before those cops were nothing but annoying bullies. Let's face it, max his default car versus those tanks...

Now I take my revenge. Most of the times, all it takes to waste a cop is to hit them at "full speed" on the nose. Really satisfying.

The downside is that I have to avoid those retarded opponents. I want the game to last a while. Sure, there are cheat codes but I want it to be intense.

I've tried the zombie version once, and it was terrible.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Bump! Back with a vengeance!

Games on my eternal to do list:

- Mohaa: No, still haven't completed the norway mission :D

- Avp: I really want to! Trust me! I do! But these other games, such as UT and Doom etc. keep interfering!

- Outcast
- Farcry
- Tomb raider 1: Hmm, I'll probably never finish this game...
- Tribes 2 sp: Same...

- Quake 4 demo: Game crashes halfway a fight scene.

So, how about you :)

Last edited:

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, I just lost interest by the time I had gotten to the part where groups of targets came storming out of garages, which I'm sure was near the end anyhow.

cuddles

Jan 31, 2008
FarCry - It was fun at the beginning, but the jungle theme got old pretty quickly and I never got around finishing it.

cuddles

Jan 31, 2008
Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force - Got this game from a friend, though I got pretty far, until I got killed by a giant bug, then I quit, never been a big Star Trek fan.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well, iirc that was the final bossfight. It's actually quite easy beating that giant bug. You need to keep circling around those pillars, he'll never hit you. Works fine for me.