1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which games did you never complete?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NeoNite, Nov 18, 2004.

1. sid

sid I posted in the RO-me thread
    and all I got was
    a pink username!

Never completed SW ep1, GTA 2, GTA 3, SW KOTOR 2, SOF 2, Medal of Honor AA, NFS MW and the list goes on....

2. purice

purice coon dog

in zelda 64 i killed gannondorf but not gannon, the hobbit i quit before killing smaug, and in diablo 1 we killed each other and the credits started rolling.

3. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Every single game I have ever bought.

Except for Streets of Rage 2, and Tomb Raider: Legends.

4. John O'h Diggin

John O'h Diggin Abstract Chains

For me every game I own I get bored playing it after awhile.

I beat a couple games though like Katamri Dynasty. I couldn't get enough.

5. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

Alrighty I have yet another list here.

Xenosaga Ep.2 - Yeah still havent played it but I do plan to soon. Very awesome series i think.

FFV - Not in a hurry

Metroid Prime 2:Echoes - Loved the first one and got this one at a bargain price along with the first. Made it to the point where you find out who the invaders are and then quit. Will come back to it soon.

6. SirYawnalot

SirYawnalot Slapping myself in the face

God!!! So many people saying Aliens vs Predator! I didn't even know that many people had brought it in the first place actually.
    But still! God! How can you bear not to bathe in its magnificence, soak yourself in its acidic mucous, caress your ears with the sweet sound of pulsating pulse rifle fire splintering the chintinous carapace of alien scum? How can you possibly sleep at night without THE TERROR coming back to haunt you, to drive you back to finish the game so you can finally get a night of peace?
    I firmly believe Aliens vs Predator was one of the best, most innovative and unquestionably hardest games of the 90s. I am astonished to hear people sing the praises of the infinitely inferior Half-Lifes while denouncing the Beautiful (Though Terrifying) Game. I will admit though that it has aged very badly, so if you didn't have the cohonés to give it a proper try back then, there's not much point now.

Anyway, I've certainly completed a lot of games that weren't worth completing, but my list of uncompleteds is rather small.
    Far Cry (performance always lags very slightly regardless of the system I play it on. Early open levels are awesome, but once I started going indoors, I had less reason to stomach the mouselag.)
    FEAR (hardly got anywhere, crashes every twenty minutes. The gameplay also appeared to be a mixture of Counter-Strike and Max Payne, which didn't really do it for me, despite being a rabid fan of the latter and embarassed player of the former.)
    Guild Wars (given the genre I think completing the story is fairly irrelevant, but still. Stopped playing because the game felt too shallow and simplistic.)
    Halo (got it for the PC, got to that drop onto the beach and didn't bother going much further. As it's Halo PC, you can probably guess why.)
    Oblivion (stopped playing it in favour of replaying the deeper KOTOR and picking up the impossibly more fun CS:S RPG :p. Also, I didn't find the Elder Scrolls world particularly engaging.)
    South Park: The Game (if anything deserves not to be played, it's this.)

7. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Lol this and many other boring games, also i never finished UT2004 single player.

8. AizenSA

AizenSA The Divine Tyrant

the first Zelda (the NES one), GTA3, GTASA (just never played it again), Ninja Gaiden Black, the first TMNTs game (also on NES) and that god aweful Predator game (the one on PS2 and Xbox Concrete Jungle I think it is called)

9. Larkin

Larkin Gone

Hmmmm let me think......

Nintendo
    The Legend of Zelda
    Super Mario Bros 1, 2, and 3
    PaperBoy
    Wrath of the Black Manta
    Double Dragon II
    Xextz

Sega Genesis
    X-Men
    Shinobi III Return of the Ninja Master
    Road Rash 1 and 2
    Sonic The Hedgehog 3
    Streets of Rage

Super Nintendo
    Zelda 64
    Mario 64 (I think that what it was called. I feel silly not remembering):eek:

Playstation
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Boring!)

Playstation 2
    Gran Turismo 3 and 4
    Call of Duty 2
    Splinter Cell
    Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty or 3 Snake Eater
    Metal of Honor Frontline
    GTA 3 and GTA SA (Finished V.C.)
    Tenchu Wrath of Heaven
    God Of War
    Xenosaga (too many movies)
    SSX3
    Soul Calibur II

X-Box
    Halo (Finished Halo 2 though)

PC
    UT2003
    Myst 2 and 4
    DOOM
    and probably some other stuff that I don't have anymore.

None of the Final Fantasy Series except 4,6,7 and 10 (didn't play 3 or X-2)

10. TraCK

TraCK Amateur Sketch

For some reason on all the MMO's I've played I never get to max lvl.

On SWG I was like 2 skills away from Bounty Hunter and decided it was just too boring.

On WoW I got to lvl 38 and was like....wow...this is getting lame.

On Guild Wars I only got to lvl 14. I plan on making a new character on that game tho. Doesn't take as long as other MMO's to get to maxlvl.

11. FaT CaM

FaT CaM Not much...

The end is awesome, then play it through again, because everything yorda says is readable english.

I remember the end of that one, gets kind of gruesome. I also remember i only ever had one save that i constantly saved over, and i accidentally saved over it after i got killed, instead of loading. So every time i loaded i would be dead and go back to the menu.

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  12. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

In no particular order:

Neverwinter Nights (Boring)
    KOTOR (Boring)
    FEAR (My save games got deleted)
    Splinter Cell (Ran too slow on my pc to be enjoyable at the time)
    Deus Ex (Boring)
    Deus Ex Invisible War (Boring and buggy)
    The Suffering (Can't remember why I stopped playing, it's a pretty good game..)
    Tribes Vengeance (Got bored after the second level)
    Myst IV (Hard as nails)
    Baldurs Gate 2 (Boring)
    Medal of Honor Pacific Assault (Boring, it tried too hard to be "cinematic" I think)
    The Simpsons Hit and Run (lol)
    Prince of Persia The Sands of Time (Way too repetitive and frustrating)
    Soldier of Fortune 2 (Multiplayer over LAN was better)
    No One Lives Forever 2 (Got boring towards the end)
    Commandos 2 (Too hard)
    The Thing (Boring)
    ...and many more

A lot of those I should go back and finish, most were pretty good :doh:

13. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Lol, i bought this game 3 weeks ago, there's a place in the game where the game crash on a video even after installing their latest patch. They are jerks and they messed up the editor like crazy. And the online community is worse than CS:S. All the servers are almost empty and when you get one you will keep hearing "Owned" voice all the ****ing time after they use their hacks. All AOL kiddies, this game is even worse than SWBF1.

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  14. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

the grafics engine is nice though :)

15. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Dammit, thread revived. Now after a year and a half, I may have to finally go back on the old computer and finish some of those games. Yes, 1 1/2 years later, my list remains the same. I blame the UT series, the RIAA and my lazy a$$..........oh yeh and my 16 month old son.;)

16. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

It hasn't been that long!

Aliens vs. predator: I might... complete the game. Someday. I really don't know if I still care. Got the game in 1999... and the gold edition a year later.
    Never really bothered completing the alien levels.. nor the marine or predator ones.

Ah well, someday...

:D

17. sid

sid I posted in the RO-me thread
    and all I got was
    a pink username!

Now, just wait a second.........Deus Ex rocks till date!

18. AizenSA

AizenSA The Divine Tyrant

I agree, I wish i still had that game again to play it. I think it was the first FPS game that han an RPG type element to it, and I must say they did a pretty decent job at it. But its predacessor Deux Ex 2 just suck ass imo, nowhere aa good as the first.

19. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

There were some problems with Deus Ex that Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit in Europe) easily beat off

EDIT: beat off is a pun, get used to my punning (pawning) skillz.

20. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

Are you retarded? ;)

Seriously, DX was one of the best games I have ever and will ever play.