Which games did you never complete?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Which have you never completed, never finished?
Single player, naturally (also sp ladders in mp games, such as UT, ut2003/4)
Games which simply bored you, or another game took over...

I'll list mine:

RTCW:
Bought this when it was released. Completed the winter mission (escaping the castle, fighthing the zombies etc...)
Started the second mission and .. well.. for some reason I quited.
I've reinstalled the game today, I'll start from scratch again... looking forward to it.

AVP:
Never completed any of the missions. Neither as a marine, alien or predator.
Marine was fast, but so vulnerable I really ended up hating playing as a marine.. I guess.

The alien was most fun. Mastering the wall-crawling didn't take long.

The predator was ok, but not as much fun as the alien. Only completed two levels iirc.

Ut2003 single player ladder:

Played 2-3 levels, ended up being so incredibly bored I uninstalled shortly afterwards.

Tribes 2 Single player:

Just didn't work out the way I wanted it to. Got this game back in 2001 iirc.

Tomb raider:

Bought this game in 1998. Played some levels, up to the pyramid mission.
The one with the T-rex was awesome, iirc.
The pyramid one was too boring...
I also had a ****ty computer back then.

The game is installed on my "newer" computer (hehe man it's also quite old already), but I just don't feel like starting all over again... maybe one day I will.

Other games:

Police quest, King's quest 2, Larry 5-6, Duke nukem...

So, what about you?

Last edited:

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
Since I only finish about 10% of the games I buy, my list of unfinished games is long. Very long....

RTCW:
Bought this when it was released. Completed the winter mission (escaping the castle, fighthing the zombies etc...)
Started the second mission and .. well.. for some reason I quited.
I've reinstalled the game today, I'll start from scratch again... looking forward to it.

Huh. I did the same thing last night. Gotten up to the 3rd mission (forest) so far.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I finished RTCW with my friend on his xbox. We played coop so it made it much more fun then just going through it alone.

Recent games that I never finished include Red Dead Revolver, which is a great game, but I had to return it before getting late fees. Same with Bloodrayne 2, I played through a good chunk of that but I had to return it before it was overdue. Also I rented Deus Ex: Invisible War for xbox and never beat it. Another one would be Burnout 3... another great game, but too lengthy to beat it in one rental. I never beat Morrowind, because it just got too boring, slow and lifeless for me to continue.

I'm not too sure about this one, but I don't think I ever beat Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. I should go do that someday though, because I love these WWII games despite there being so many of them.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Myth - got to the last level, but could never even come close to finishing it :(
EAS NHL 2003 - never finished the season
Madden 2003 - See above
AvP - Lost interest kinda quick, I think due to UT
UT2004 - Malcolm is a cheater :p

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I've started so many games and hardly finished any of them.
My list pretty much consists of UT2k3 Single Player (finished UT's and UT2k4's, though), Half-Life (1), Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Final Fantasy 1/4/6/8/9 (finished 3/5/7), Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasia, and numerous other RPGs that I've tried but never really enjoyed.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Homeworld 1 & 2:
I kinda like these games but I always get bored or stuck :hmm:
In Homeworld 1 I couldn't get past that mission in derelics where the bad guys steal your collectors. And I couldn't get past the 4th mission in Homeworld 2 because it freeze my computer :p

Raven Shield:
I wasn't as good as the other game in the series for me.

AVP:
Haven't played it a lot. It's still there on a desktop. Maybe I'll install it again.

Hitman 2:
Never got to finish this one. But I still have my save games here so there's still hope :p

Operation Flashpoint: Redhammer and Resistance:
I've played countless hours of OFP but never finished these 2 add ons. I'll probably finish them some day though...

And of course LOTS of other game I don't remember or haven't finished yet.

Also, Trash, I hope you get to Hell for not finishing System Shock 2 :p

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
the last game i put down was Tomb Raider "Angel of darkness". I am a huge TR fan . ive played all of them to the end multiple times, but the newest one sucks so bad. nearly impossable to get through. in fact i think i took it back to the store and traded it for something else. lol

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
Il-2 Sturmovick
Desperados (never even finished the first level)
Fallout tactics (almost but i lost almy save games :( i hope to replaying again some time :)
GTA, GTA London, GTA 2
AVP (only finished it as the alien and the predator, but not the marine)
Warhammer 40000 firewarrior (i aim to reinstal it, i lost all my savegames for that too :()
warhammer 40000 final liberation and chaos gate
Myth 3
V-rally 2 (not yet anyway...almost)

Snes: super ghouls and ghosts

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
I HATE not finishing games. This is the list so far, of all games ever:
Final Fantasy X
Crimson Skies
Top Spin (I guess?)
Madden 2005