1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE3 - UDK Where to start?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Monckey100, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Monckey100

Monckey100 New Member

I've done a basic run through of pretty much the only set of tutorials I can find and came up with a pretty bad map...(well I'm impressed by it anyways as it's my first)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAC6V_6q2IQ
    I have also managed to figure out how to port models from blender to UDK through an almost outdated tutorial so I got a deagle Static mesh inside of my game...

That's as far as my research went, I looked through numerous videos and sites and most seem outdated, so where should I go to find tutorials on unreal script?
    Where May I go to find out how to add weapons onto the unreal engine? The tutorial I followed didn't specify how to add more guns into the game. :\

I want to start off with adding guns and such but I'm not too picky.
    I have knowledge in both C++ and a bit of Java, So programming isn't something new to me, but I don't like walking around in the dark.

2. kiff

kiff That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash

3. Monckey100

Monckey100 New Member

4. Monckey100

Monckey100 New Member

I don't mind learning either if you can provide links on how to do either of those as well. @_@ thanks for the links, already opened up and learning. C:

5. Monckey100

Monckey100 New Member

6. Monckey100

Monckey100 New Member

Either is fine, I have no idea how to do either.

7. kiff

kiff That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash

off the top of my head I'd say it would be easier to add them to a weapon locker. add a weapon locker to your map and then in the properties window there's a place to add weapons to it

8. Monckey100

Monckey100 New Member

great I finally figured out how to add my code in, I think...How do I add in the weapon to the locker?