1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

where to gain a copy of the console

Discussion in 'Programming' started by superflygizmo, Feb 8, 2006.

1. superflygizmo

superflygizmo New Member

Is there anywhere i can see a log of all the commands i entered into the console and what happened? As in who killed who etc.

I'd be much obliged if anyones got any ideas.

2. Hazard.ep

Hazard.ep New Member

No there ain't. But this would be relatively easy to code, by overriding the console I guess.

3. superflygizmo

superflygizmo New Member

thanks for your reply,

would you have any idea where to start doing something like that?

4. jimboh

jimboh Salty Sea Dog

I don't know for UT99, but for UT2004, theres the main .ini file (UT2004.ini), and under:

Code:
    [Engine.Engine]
    Console=XInterface.ExtendedConsole

I'd suggest you just search for 'console' in the .ini file, I'm pretty sure it'll give you a hint on which class to extend.

5. Hazard.ep

Hazard.ep New Member

It's the same way in Ut2k4. Subclass ExtendedConsole and put your new console in the INI.

6. superflygizmo

superflygizmo New Member

Thanks for your help guys.

How would i go about extending this class? I'm a complete novice at programming but if you point me in the right direction i will be able to work it out for myself.

To Write a piece of code that would send the console information to a word file would this be in C++ or is it using the Uscript?

I know my questions are probably quite tedious but i'm just trying to find my feet in all this coding stuff!

7. punk129

punk129 !!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

you can just write it to the game log using the log function

8. superflygizmo

superflygizmo New Member

I know i must sound like a dumbass but you couldn't expand a bit more on how to write it to the game log using the log function?

9. superflygizmo

superflygizmo New Member

I've been looking through available functions within the console and found the log function. I'll see what i can do with it!

your answers to my question much appreciated and any extra info you could give me is a bonus!