Where the Foooook is everybody?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
Wow...since i made my thread asking where everyone is everyone is making threads saying the same thing :D i'm busy playing EQ2 and sometimes UTXMP...where the fock are you?

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
A few people have gone back to U2xmp. They're prob just waiting for the final utxmp release. So that accounts for some. Also, this year is awesome for new PC/console games, so maybe people are actually playing a new game they got for the holidays.

Mar 6, 2004
Bleeder said:
A few people have gone back to U2xmp. They're prob just waiting for the final utxmp release.

That's because they suck and can't adapt and can't own like they do in u2xmp and that's all they care about is owning people. "Omg omg omg i can't kill anything, this game sucks" people talking about this game and wanting to play it for a long time and they run back like pampered players to u2xmp because they aren't as good so they go back to a game they can kill in and wait for people to fix the game so they can own in this game too, that's why i'm sick of alot of xmp players :rolleyes: it's points/owning over teamwork also.

your friend

Aug 27, 2004
Yes,

If you go at certain times of the day there is a 32 player server (UTAN, I think it's called?). THe other day that server was nearly full (most of the timee) for over 6-7 hours. I couldn't believe the kinds of games that were going on there, lol. Perhaps the more people start to come back, and the more the word is spread that this mod is indeed playable NOW... you will see more servers populated. I can tell for a fact that I see someone online most of the time I check.. a far cry from how it used to be in the previous patch. Definitely more people online.

In fact I have seen/fought with/against quite a few of the very people in these forums in this mod online, and they represent only a small amount of the different people I see each day. So the good news is more people are coming back so you should be ok. Don't forget the new players who will also be checking out this mod.

Last edited:

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
dutch_gecko said:
It's our favourite mapper \o/
:crazydance:

Warning: I might just port that ('Hivex' map abortion ) over to utxmp one of these days.
It's a good map. Mapping documentation for xmp has always been scarce and, as I didn't know to ask in particular and NO ONE said anything like, "dude, that much dynamic lighting is like, SO not gonna work online." I got a lot of things figured out now, and several maps in the works (meaning that one or two will actually see the light of day). :eek:
Be afraid. Very afraid. :D

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
I haven't played UTXMP in over a month. I used to play 2+ hours a day, religiously.

Sometimes things just come up that occupy your time and are more important. Though rest assured, when I do play again.. I'll say howdy and wave down to you from the high score perch! You know.. make you feel welcome.. ¬.¬

[tH]Angelus

Father of Wings
Mar 16, 2004
www.thclan.co.uk
That's because they suck and can't adapt and can't own like they do in u2xmp and that's all they care about is owning people.

No... people have gone back to u2xmp because its a fun game to play which utxmp is not at the moment. Sorry to be so blunt.

Mar 6, 2004
[tH]Angelus said:
No... people have gone back to u2xmp because its a fun game to play which utxmp is not at the moment. Sorry to be so blunt.

Thank god not everyone is like you :rolleyes: and i did have a long post but it didn't load on...all that writing was for nothing damnit!

Last edited:

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
Hooray for map p1mping!

Nice architecture, Radeon. I can't do stuff like that for sh!t. :eek:

I'm too into the natural stuff. ;)

I'm mapping too much for UTXMP. The least amount of players I ever saw was 4 and they went to the same server anyway. If you stick around a bit then people join the server, and soon enough with some luck you can have an interesting XMP session. :)

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
zombiewoof said:
NO ONE said anything
:(

On a side note, I have a couple of maps sitting around on my machine, but I'm an awful texture artist and I need an aircraft or two, so they'll probably never happen for XMP. Who knows though, maybe one day.

Last edited:

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
zombiewoof said:
I'm referring to BEFORE I was stupid enough to release the map thinking....nevermind. Your help and advice after the deacle was duly noted and appreiciated
:):tup: