Where are the former Tournament Winners?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LeonTheKing

Leon the King
Mar 16, 2008
Brazil.
Hey, 'sup ppl?

After beating Xan's butt and entering the Trophy Room cinematic, you can see (in the red waving flags) the names of the former Tournament Champions.

Here it is, the list:

Champions:

Xan Kriegor

Pariah

Geos Dryon

Magnus

Roan Terg

Green Marine (maybe it's Malcom)

Well, there's a lot of unknown names right there. Who is Pariah? Dryon? And Magnus?

Where are them? Lost in space? Busy killing some Skaarj? Dancing in the new CityIntro disco? That's a mistery!

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
That's very interesting, because I've never noticed that. Can you provide some screens of those?

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yea, I didn't see anyone there too... Hey, I even set the ending sequence instead of the intro, and never noticed anyone... Though I set the trophy review instead of the full one, saw that one only one time. Still didn't see anyone there.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Malcom beat Xan I think so I'd say he would be the next one on the list. As for the former champions, maybe they retired somewhere offworld.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I never seen those names. But I know where these people are: stuck in the Unreality map pack, simple.

Or they just won a training arena with DeathHunters...

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
I'm guessing Green Marine is a reference to Doom, so perhaps the others are references to other games as well. I don't recognise any of them though... any ideas?
Wrong. Green Marine is actually a reference to an Epic staffer, namely, Brandon "GreenMarine" Reinhart.

Not sure on the other three, though it is interesting to note Pariah later became a game, also made by Digital Extremes.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
These definitely aren't in the PC version....

Or if so, you can't see them in the editor...

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Intriguing, never noticed these names.

After opening randomly in unrealed the map "EOL_Domination.unr" (they are not on EOL_statue or i have missed them), i see effectively those names on the flags of that map, here are the unrealed screens :

snap752ir9.jpg
snap753mv1.jpg

Funny that after 9 years, i always see new things in that game ;)

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
I noticed that a month ago.

Well, the tournament has to have some sort of backstory. It says in the intro "it's been 50 years since the founding of deathmatch". Some of those names are probably nicknames of some of the game developers.