Where are the bullet holes?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nosmo

Jun 29, 2001
Little Rock
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I'm new to Infiltration and have just got up and running the other day, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. During an offline match or even just going to the shooting range when ever I fire my weapon at a target silo or wall there is no report of the bullet striking or even a bullet hole. When shooting bots or (some) windows I do get a reaction. Am I missing something? Something turned off that I don't know about? Any help would be surely appreciated. Love this mod.

Nosmo

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
Make sure Show Decals in checked in the Vid options.

No bullet holes with software render I'm afraid. Your FPS and where you set the Min Desired FPS also effect the length of time the decal stays. Not every bullet leaves a hole, also seems to be FPS dependant. Usually at least half leave the hole but with low FPS they may not last for more than a few seconds.

Nosmo

Jun 29, 2001
Little Rock
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, Even if I shoot at a target on the shooting range at point blank range no bullet holes appear(decals are on) Could be that my machine doesnt have the horsepower to display them at all, which is a shame since I've got this fully functional shooting range to practice with.

Nosmo

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
Set the minimum desired framerate to 0 and make sure decals are checked/enabled and see what happens. So far the only people I've heard of who don't see them are the ones using software render, if you have a 3D card you should see it.

Nosmo

Jun 29, 2001
Little Rock
Visit site
Grenade Launcher Holes

Well, the decals are set to be on, I'm rendering in rave and whats funny is that I tested the grenade launcher at point blank range and it did leave holes in the target. All other weapons did not, I think its my weak video card (6 megs of Vram). I'm going to have to think of a clever way to convince my wife that we just have to upgrade to a more powerful system.;) lol

Nosmo

Khral

Jun 27, 2001
Re: Grenade Launcher Holes

Originally posted by Nosmo
Well, the decals are set to be on, I'm rendering in rave and whats funny is that I tested the grenade launcher at point blank range and it did leave holes in the target. All other weapons did not, I think its my weak video card (6 megs of Vram). I'm going to have to think of a clever way to convince my wife that we just have to upgrade to a more powerful system.;) lol

Nosmo

Same exact setup here. OMG! Hehe...

Well I doubt it's because of the 6MB VRAM. I mean UT handles all decals fine with it. It can either be bug in Infiltration (for Rave only) or it's due to low memory. Keepin' my fingers crossed that the next version will use memory more efficiently or fix this (if it is a bug). :)