Wheel of Time

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
I'm tempted to post something about this game in the "Off Topic" since hardly anyone visits here.

I want to know what you guys think about this game. I love the books and this games does a really good job of bringing them to the PC. I just got it, and I like it, but the first CD won't work at all. I can do the single player off of the second one, but I'm wondering if I'm missing anything on the first one.

Post your thoughts

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
The first disk is only the install disk
Also, another good thing about WoT: The Game, is that once you install, you can listen to the music any time. It's in MP3 format... :D
I love the books, love the game...
w00t!
;)

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
It's kinda funny to read some of these old posts :)

WoT was such a great game - as a matter of fact, last night I was looking through a stack of some of my old games, and I decided to reinstall WoT just for the hell of it.

I'm glad I did - I had actually forgotten how good it was. I remember I had bought it the day it hit the shelves, and the amount of strain it had put on my celeron 500 / Matrox G400 combo actually turned me off the game for awhile. I eventually did finish it, but never really enjoyed it because it was basically just a slideshow.

Playing it last night though, I turned up each and every detail option to max, ran it at 1280x1024, and it was great - for everyone that hasn't had a chance to play this game yet, I highly recommend it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The multiplayer was great and ORIGINAL not just some rehash of what had been done before. Plus there are still people that play and it is ALOT of fun! I love WoT!!!!

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
Sir_Brizz said:
The multiplayer was great and ORIGINAL not just some rehash of what had been done before. Plus there are still people that play and it is ALOT of fun! I love WoT!!!!

I've been playing some old games again which ran well slow when I first had them.

Have to give WoT a go again (did it have compressed textures?)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
dunno but it looks good still...kinda like playing Unreal 1 over again with better renderers ;)

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Wow, I'd forgotten I'd made this post ^_^

The game had some really great atomosphereic moments in it, and the whole thing really was just plain fun. Having read the books resently though, it occurs to me that it's more for the computer crowd who've read the books, than the book lovers who play games from time to time.

The series really cries out for a good RPG though (as do most things Fantasy-based). It would make a good Anime too . . .

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yah running through that dead place (can't remember the name at the moment) was soooo stinking creepy...and everytime you heard the spirit stuff whispering from behind you...mand I got so freaked, just started booking it like there was no tomorrow...