1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

(what's up with) JB-Isolated

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Maps and Add-Ons' started by WillySurvive, Jun 15, 2003.

1. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

:eek: I just realised I forgot to this for the latest version of the panorama texture:

Could you take care of it please, GLecter?

2. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

Sure, It's done already, [if I have done it well... :rolleyes:] I also compressed the panorama texture... ;)
    Last weekend I was working on the new water reflection and got a good one... :tup: New map screenshots were added too, so next beta is likely to be final... I will release it with Hans' screen as soon as possible... :)

3. Hans Oberlander

Hans Oberlander Member

Ok, loading screen is done.

4. G.Lecter

JB-Isolated-Beta5

Changes (from the last 'changes' post):
    - Fixed blockingvolume being inside the lift shaft.
    - New water reflections.
    - New level preview screenshots.
    - Awesome Panorama and LoadingScreen by Tarquin and Hans. :tup:

To-do things:
    - It still needs the bugfree award. Feel free to report any big or small bugs.
    - The staticmeshes don't block dying players yet. Any idea to solve this?

Have fun! :)

5. Vatcilli zeitchef

Vatcilli zeitchef Dead and back

I'm downloading ATM

___Edit___
    Fantastic!
    Only one thing after playing arround with the Xloc for sometime I managed to get it under the terrain somewhere near the bridges... and well
    [​IMG]
    You need a killvolume there m8!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  6. Hans Oberlander

Hans Oberlander Member

oh, that is a nasty bug. good find!

7. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

Just as long as they still stop the player from getting caught on the semi-circle beam things that surround the lift shaft...

8. Hans Oberlander

Hans Oberlander Member

Hey, I redid the loading screen.

I found a couple things.

You set the colision with meshs when you die off. Which means that when a player died they fall through the map and go below the map. Kinda what vatcilli showed you.

There is a bunch on foilage that can be deleted because you don't see it. Also there are some rough spots on certain parts on the terrain beyond the walls.

Here you see little grasses. could be added into the playing field instead.

[​IMG]

9. G.Lecter

Thanks for testing it guys. Keep the bugs coming! :tup:
    Uh... ouch! I had added PhysicsVolumes with DamagePerSecond down both Map and Arena...
    ...but forgot setting bPainCausing=True... :eek: :stick:
    I don't understand... Isn't that what the BlockingVolume is meant to do? :p
    Yeah, I know that, but I can't find a way to fix it. BlockKarma doesn't seem to work... :(
    Well, you could see it going to the tower and sniping... :lol: I've removed it to save a couple of FPS... ;)
    I don't see much brightness difference between both screens, maybe it's the map that looks a bit brighter than the other ones, don't worry about this :)... Both screens look cool but I personally like the first one a bit more...
    Which one do you prefer?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  10. Hazel.H

Hazel.H Member

I like the first loading screen better, the second looks a little bland in comparison. Will test the map and let you know how it goes ;)

11. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

tbh I think both loading screens aren't great...
    They are both bland.

Try and get one that allows you to see the main base and tower, would look much better imo./

12. Hans Oberlander

Hans Oberlander Member

OK, making another one then...

13. G.Lecter

OK, What I liked the least in both screens is the layer of stripes, try to make it in the way ZedMaestro said in the LoadingScreen thread... ;)
    http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=152279

---
    [Edit:] Got the new one. Despite the stripes-layer thing I like this one the most. What do you think? ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  14. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

Oh... yea... I read it as "removed blocking volume along elevator shaft" - was just making sure it wasn't those intentional ones that were being removed :)

15. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

I liked the first two loading screens, but the new one is even better :)

16. Birelli

Birelli meh...

Those stripes look about right to me, just reduce the opacity of the layer in Photoshop, or something else to make them blend in more. The dark stripes are too defined.

If they aren't already, set the static meshes in question to bUseSimpleKarmaCollision = False in the mesh browser, sometimes the simplified collision just isn't good enough. Use it sparingly though, as there's a performance hit.

It's been a while since I've messed around with it, it's possible editing the value of a default mesh will cause you to have to save a default package to keep that change, which would of course be a BAD idea. You may need to subclass, or to save yourself the effort of re-placing all those meshes just go to the mesh browser, select the mesh, and choose edit->rename..., then move it into the MyLevel package, that way your map is actually using a copy of the mesh (so you can edit the properties in the mesh browser without worry). Of course that will add to the filesize of your map (but so does subclassing).

Sorry if that's a little hard to follow, I'm a bit tired at the moment. Feel free to ask for clarification. Also if Spoon is around he's got more (especially recent I assume) experience with such things.

17. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

Yea if it's a mylevel SM just do as Birelli says - set bUseSimpleKarmaCollision=False in the SM browser. If it's a stock SM that you need to change, just put use blocking volumes, OR, you can "rename" it to the mylevel package, then change the SimpleKarmaCollision property and it'll be stored in your map. Just make sure you don't save the stock package when you close the editor because it will say it's changed.

18. G.Lecter

Yep, that works. :) I've done it in the most important meshes and added blockingvolumes down the walkways. I've also fixed the lighting being nearly black in the walkway support brushes, and added an overlay texture to the jailcams. The KillVolumes should be working now, too.

JB-Isolated-Beta5b [Hadn't much time to test it, I hope everyting will be OK...]

Spoon, can you fix the bugs in this beta (it they are found) and release it when it's done? ;)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  19. Hazel.H

Hazel.H Member

I gave the map a quick test (didn't look at the botpathing yet)

Overall the map is looking more polished - the jails, water and walkways look much better :)

A couple of things I noticed:
    - The text on the loading screen has some black bits on it
    - FPS goes quite low in some areas. It's mainly when you're looking from the door of one base to the other.

Looks like it's almost there, keep up the good work :D

20. INIQUITOUS

INIQUITOUS Purple Monkey DishWasher

hope its coming nicely. :). let me know when you want me to test it :D