What's the name of this game?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
So I was browsing through some old, rather ancient cd's.. and found these pics of a game which dates back to late 2001.
I've no idea wether these pictures are from the final version, or beta. The filename says "steam". (beta levels of rtcw perhaps? Mortar?)

Can anyone help? Much appreciated =)

Attachments

• steam01.jpg
    steam01.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 82
  • steam02.jpg
    steam02.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 68

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
The station is very british..."Victoria" for 2001 its too highly detailed, they must be background images for the real game as is done a lot that use foreground 3d generation but not full scene 3D. I almost want to say Journey to the Center of the Earth. But for now its guessing. I have RTCW, but never played it yet, I think that game is newer than 2001. Myst/Riven were those games doing this kind of work, but today theres too much or a horde of these casual hide and find games using this design. The backgrounds are 3d rendered, but not live 3d.