whats the big freaking deal with proners?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

night_strike

Banned
Jun 30, 2001
in a home on the range...
Visit site
if u all think its unfair and someone who is proned has a huge advantage, THAN WHY DONT U DO IT AND SHUT THE HELL UP! sorry but its just my opinion. yer trained to do it in the army in real life so why wouldnt u use it due to its great advantage? like proning instantly to duck of fire. proning in the corner (we know what that does hehe), proning up high so that ppl have to be level with you or higher to hit u, or proning just anywhere and the person has to hit u in the mid-section to do damage. now i agree that leaners SUCK HUGE ASS but proning is fine!

n_s -if i sound harsh its cuz im listening to Rob Zombie!!!!

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Yeah, as long as one person is going to cheat, we all might as well cheat just to even the playing field. :rolleyes:

This ain't Counter-Strike. We're trying to prevent the use of cheats, genius, not promote them.

-Keiichi

Last edited:

GrayFox$M.Inc.$

Don't bother running, you'll only die tired
Mar 11, 2001
First of all proning at a distant or on a elevated place is fine imo. We all have a problem when people go prone two feet away and this is what pisses me off the most. Also, when people back up into a corner, the hit box gets even smaller I believe. So do you see our problem with it now? It's the lamers that abuse it and when you say something to them they just spit back "But it's in the game so stop whining!". This irratates me to no end. These kind of people should be taken out back and shot. Oh and the Army doens't train their soldier's to "Insta Prone" like you see in INF, they fall with their gun butt down and keep a controlled fall I guess you could call it.

Oh, and why do what lamers do, it only brands you as a lamer too. I don't know about you but I don't like being known as a lamer. :sniper:

GrayFox$M.Inc.$

night_strike

Banned
Jun 30, 2001
in a home on the range...
Visit site
why am i...

why am i insane? im stating my belief! i just think every 1 is too worked up about this whole proner thing. if yer a better player than the AFK whos been proning the whole time then why dont u prone too and kill him! i mean if u use it once and a while its ok right? but using it the whole game id just say **** em and leave! right?

n_s

GranoblasticMan

Jun 15, 2001
Dunedin, FL
www.angelfire.com
Well, I try to avoid cheapness and cheats at all costs. I personally can't wait until the next version of Infiltration comes out to, hopefully, fix these bugs.

You should NOT have to "live with" cheap tactics in a REALISTIC game.

Prone bugs are for Counter-Strike and Strike-Force, NOT for Infiltration.

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
The problem is that prone is buggy as hell (there is no animation for dropping to the ground and the hit box gets smaller when proned) and using it would be considered a bug exploitation and cheating. Plain and Simple.

2.86 should fix prone and leaning. I hope

stopbreeding.gif

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
How about we all just sit by the fire so I can see you better at night... Only to throw my rifle at your head and stab you.

35 kills now BTW. I was actually accused of cheating. :)

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
I don't use scopes, and I don't use auto or burst, so when I run across someone in the prone, I'm pretty much phuct. There I am kneeling, with a legit hitbox, trying to find that mystery cylinder. Sigh. 2.86, where are you?:)

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
n_s

Where is the difficulty in NOT proning ? It is just an attitude and some kind of honor I guess until the bug is fixed...

You say lean is bad and not prone ? Just 2 bugs...The first can give you invisibility (if close of wall), the second can give you invicibility (on some spots). So which one is worst ?

For me, both are.

BTW, Rob Zombi ? Yurk, try Motorhead!...

:D

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Originally posted by funkstylz
It is fixed in the next version, in a way that was suggested by someone on these boards. Although, it was always going to happen anyway.

Ooops, I guess you are tired of replying the same thing to the same subject again and again and again and again....

:p

Maybe we're getting nervous because we know the next patch is near and the excitation is raising...

BTW, thanx for the job done so far!

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
IMHO...

I say that if you make a habit of exploiting a bug or a cheat, your skills won't be worth sh*t once that bug is fixed. You will have to relearn a whole new way of playing. However, those of us who avoid using these bugs as advantages at all costs, will only continue to improve using legitimate tactics and skills as was originally intended. You will fight as you train.

As an after thought: If your skill and your high scores are based on, or include using any bug, it isn't skill at all. And the way of thinking that says that I should be a dumb ass just because someone else is being one, is a load of horse sh*t! This is a weak-minded way of thinking. I will maintain my honor, dignity and integrity, thank you.

GranoblasticMan

Jun 15, 2001
Dunedin, FL
www.angelfire.com
Plenty of peoples' tactics will have to be reevaluated in 2.86 if all (or even most of) the goodies suggested on these boards are included. I know the INF team has lives (erm, don't quote me on that, ;)) and they do this mod in their spare time, but I really can't wait much longer for 2.86. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.