1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What's the best mod so far?

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by The Dopefish, Apr 26, 2000.

1. The Dopefish

The Dopefish Active Member

Here's a good question: out of the mods out right now, like Infiltration, U4E, RAUT, Slave Master and Strike Force (well, it'll be out tomorrow), which do you guys consider to be the best one? Don't exclude Infiltration because it's not online capable yet. :(

------------------
    The66thDopefish
    a.k.a. The Dopefish

"What's the most dumbest creature in the universe? Why, of course, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. It's so stupid that it thinks if you can't see it, it can't see you. One way to avoid the BugBlatter Beast is to throw a towel over your head."

2. G-Man

G-Man New Member

None of them are really completed yet so it's hard to say. I've tried a lot of them and I just get an incomplete feeling from most of them.

The only one that I have played rather extensively is RA so I guess that would be my vote, but it needs work.

I'm really looking forward to some mods because I need something to freshenup my UT experience, its like wearing your favorite shirt everyday, it needs a bit of a wash every once in a while!

[​IMG]
    "It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them."
    -Mark Twain

3. Metaldude

Metaldude New Member

Most fun to play : U4EV
    But I'm looking formward to see Strikforce and Action UnrealTournament.

[​IMG]
    M e t a l d u d e

4. Ritz

Ritz Cracka

rocket arena
    by far

5. spyder913

spyder913 Bringer of FREE BEER

Slave Master is fun.. but i have yet to play it with more than 3 humans.. and the bots get lame after a while =)

[​IMG]
    [KEG]spyder913

Play on my server, Free Beer from the [KEG] -- unreal://free-beer.dyndns.org
    (new server location!)

6. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

Rocket arena is hands down the best mod out there. Come on, its being made by Epic Employees! The maps rock, it brings a whole new style of play to the game that emphasizes skill rather than item and weapon domination, and it brings a gladitorial aspect to the game. Rock!

[​IMG]

7. LonlyWarrior|BuF

LonlyWarrior|BuF The Resurection

well, for me AgentX , the weapons are just toooo coool hehe
    specialy me ol' AK 47
    infiltration doesn't work for me, i play it and win two seconds later witha frag count of twenty two ??? Flattering but not so fun.

[​IMG]
    In the Kingdom of the Blind the One-Eyed man is King!

8. Harlock

Harlock Married And Always Nagged

My favs are RA and INF.

[​IMG]
    [Ci]Matsumoto|PuF

"In nómine Patris, et Fílii, et Spíritus Sancti.
    Dóminus vobíscum"

9. Kanyon

Kanyon New Member

Yep, i gotta agree with spyder, slavemaster is the best one i've played. U4E is not bad, altough its not as fun as i remembered it in the regular unreal. Don't know why.

[​IMG]
    Support the fight against umods.

10. The Dopefish

Here's another question: do you think Beppo and the Infiltration guys released an online version of Infiltration to compete with Strike Force?

[​IMG]
    The66thDopefish
    a.k.a. The Dopefish

"What's the most dumbest creature in the universe? Why, of course, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. It's so stupid that it thinks if you can't see it, it can't see you. One way to avoid the BugBlatter Beast is to throw a towel over your head."

11. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi RA Konig

I like Agentx but im liking the look of SF and the new inf.

[​IMG]
    "Tiz i Saron Baramedi!!"

"The key to life is....Enjoy what you do!"

Baron_Samedi|PuF

12. The Dopefish

I think they all have their own good qualities. One mod that probably won't ever see the light of day but probably should have is RealTCTF. Remember RealCTF all you Unreal originals? Y'know, the mod that let us have CTF for Unreal? Yeah, that one. Well, while mouse (the head cheese at their forum...get it: mouse, cheese... :)) said that RealTCTF was probably not going to happen, he (I can't remember if mouse is male or female) didn't say that RealCreeper or the RealBeamer wouldn't make an appearance sometime down along the line. RealCreeper, for those of you who aren't familiar with RealCTF, is an advanced relics system (yep, more relics) that has about 20 relics in all. Many of them do adverse things to the game. The RealBeamer is an advanced translocator that, once you beam an object, pulls you towards or repels you away from it. Handy when you need to return the flag. I can't wait to see those released, but mouse was supposed to make an official announcement at the end of March.

[​IMG]
    The66thDopefish
    a.k.a. The Dopefish

13. BeerGun

BeerGun consultant in beerology

RAUT rocks my nutz.... once perfected will likely become the preferred mod for 1v1...

[​IMG]
    "It's hard to beat a person until they go unconscious. After that, it gets a little easier."

14. Bazizlnitch

Bazizlnitch New Member

When every i need to relax i play a good game of CTF. But I like all the mods i just love unreal so much i can play anything that is made for it, ya know...

[​IMG]
    -Bazizlnitch Team X
    http://teamx.clanhosting.com

15. ~Cobra~

~Cobra~ Cursed!

No doubt Rocket Arena.. tho can't wait for unreal fortress if/when it comes out...

16. BloodKnight

BloodKnight New Member

17. Otter

Otter New Member

rocket arena :) the others are great but this ones gonna stand out :)

[​IMG]
    so this guy walks up to me at the bar and says "i wanna take you home and
    UT you silly" and i said "don't call me silly you mean bastard"... oh how
    we larfed...

18. jrm

jrm New Member

RocketArena!!!

Too bad there's only about 2-12 ppl on at a time.

[​IMG]
    plop plop fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is!!!