What's going on?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ReligiousZealot9

Sep 14, 2005
Maine
Alright, don't get misunderstand the thread title, I just made this to ask what was going on. I have read the announcements and I realize that DA2 is probably never going to be finished (all the planned ideas included, that is) and I have to say I am disappointed. I was unable to support this mod much because I happened to be attending a University that was totally against people using the internet (so many filters/limiters, it was slower than my home connection in its entirity) so I was unable to play online without horrid lag. I however, did not stop playing DA2...it is an excellent and enjoyable mod, a few bugs need to be worked out, but I was quite happy.

Some users on here have said the UT2004 mod community is dead, yes it is...BF2 killed it (despite all its well done components, I highly dislike the latest patches with their stupid gameplay changes). I remember playing RO for quite a while and then as soon as the BF2 demo came out, everyone was playing that and RO disappeared, so that's where I stand on this issue. RO is now on Steam, interesting if you ask me.

Just curious though, have you guys, as the devs (sorry, I've been away from the forums so long I've forgotten names) ever considered attempting to make a published/professional version of DA2? When I say professional, I mean a payware game. I'm sure a lot of us here would be willing to buy it, and if RO has had success with Steam, I'm wondering why other mods aren't attempting it (Tactical Ops comes to mind, and of course DA2 :) ).

UT2004 left the spotlight after HL2 and CSS came out, and was finally put in its grave by BF2, at least that's the way I see it. The mod community has considerably dropped off and DA2's following has lessened. It saddens me greatly to have to see such a great mod, with such great potential get screwed over just because the devs chose a game engine better suited to their ideas.

Anyway, I'm running on, just wanted to say, DA2 is a great mod and is probably my favorite...heck, its kept me playing UT2004 this long (even with BF2 and HL2 installed on my HD). Great job dev team, and I wish you best of luck with your future endevors.

Just for the record, I hope this next release isn't the end of the DA series, but if it is, it will be remembered for its accomplishments and greatness by its community, even if it was a "small" one. Long live DA2! :D

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
First off, somebody got a ftp server(s) with some decent bandwith for v1.5? PM me with info, so I can try it out.

Since DA didnt won any contests where they'd give away free unreal engine's, It's impossible for a couple guys to buy it.

ReligiousZealot9

Sep 14, 2005
Maine
Dest said:
First off, somebody got a ftp server(s) with some decent bandwith for v1.5? PM me with info, so I can try it out.

Since DA didnt won any contests where they'd give away free unreal engine's, It's impossible for a couple guys to buy it.

Yeah, not cool. I have no idea what the criteria is for a mod to win any of the Unreal contests, but to me, DA2 doesn't seem any less great than Frag Ops or Red Orchestra. There's a ton of gameplay changes in DA2 and its very addicting, more so than any other mod I've played. I remember, I had a few friends over and we played DA2 for 6 consecutive hours...its just that good, at least to us. Shame, if there were a way to vote in the contests, it would've at least put DA on the map and had the following increase, oh well.

Hopefully your next release will have a larger following, I don't see why people insist on playing these other games when nowadays UT2004 has been regulated to bargin bin prices....the sheer number of quality mods for UT2004 makes the $10-$20 bucks you spend on it worth every penny and even more so.

I'm not gonna give up hope on the DA series, you guys have constantly delivered quality and extremely addicting gameplay with each release, and as I said in my last post...long live DA!

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I hope you guys will keep working at DA2, even though the UT2K4 playerbase isn't as large as most of us would like. This very good looking mod will look good on your resumé for possible future jobs in gamedev-land forever.

Anyway guys, i hope to see more work done to DA2, take care and good luck.

HappyHarry

www.the-newsgroup.net
Sep 29, 2005
Germany
What about the size of DA 1.1? Maybe we'll host again a mirror for u...is there a patch or only a full version?