1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What's a good framerate??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by HAQattaq, Oct 15, 2001.

1. HAQattaq

HAQattaq New Member

Greetings;

I've just recently been playing this game quite abit and was wondering what everyone gets for framerates. I average around 55-75 and don't really know if thats good or not. I haven't made many changes to the default settings but plan on it if that range is much lower than the rest of the crowd. Please let me know what you all get...

regards.. ;)

2. FireSlash

FireSlash Whats a FireSlash?

30 fps is the speed your TV runs at.
    that should be a good benchmark ;)

3. Metakill

Metakill Inhumane

Yeah, anything over 30 is good. But its the minimum frame rate you should be concerned with.

4. Wild Weasel

Wild Weasel New Member

anything higher than mine (15-20) is awsome....yours is good b/c if there are lots of explosions, you have some fps to take the hit but you wont notice..

5. DeaJae

DeaJae taking a month's break

34,000,000,000,000 fps.... and if ya get it ill shake ya hand if ya can see me. :D

6. 8-4-7-2

8-4-7-2 New Member

7. Papapishu

Papapishu 我是康

Movies often use 22 or 24 fps, which is said to be the lowest fps that humans regard as "flowing"
    I also heard that the brain can't percieve fps's over 60, but I don't know... maybe...
    I usually have a fps of 30 to 50 in 1024*768*32, so I'm satisfied... :)

8. GerbilJammer

GerbilJammer Resident NOOb :D

#1 it depends on the API you use to run UT... 20 FPS in Glide seems like 80 :) 20 fps in D3D looks horrible, and open gl with 20 is ummm ok i guess... as long as you average 30 or over you are doing good :)