What weapons do you want to see added?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
wow, never expected to see this thread again.

Anyway I have a fully modeled M24 as seen in my thread in the dev section. I am not sure how the M4, and hand models are progress wise because i haven't talked to geogob recently. Crowze is working on a gametype at the moment and keg and bobthefish were collaborating on an AT4 (not sure where that is atm either).

I know i don't know much, i've been busy with school, as have a few others, and am out of the loop. Dr. J was also on Vacation.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Thornhill said:
No M16 variant in the US Armed Forces has a trigger group of 0-1-3-30.
The M4A1 in the Inf armory does. Not sure it's supposed to be that way, but that's how it's listed.

Big_Duke_06 said:
I guess... But have you used the Minimi yet? Bulk adds real up quick! Minimi + 2-3 boxes of ammo + body armor = slow bastard that gets gunned down real quick.

And seeing as how the PKM is bigger and fires larger, bulkier ammo... Man, it could get ugly fast! I know that right now, the Minimi as about as big a weapon as I'd want to haul around the virtual battlefied...

What would the PKM add that the Minimi doesn't - other than more bulk? Yes, I suppose the larger 7.62x54R round would be more lethal - but the higher ROF of the Minimi pretty much balances that out, right? Don't get me wrong, the PKM is a nice weapon, but I doubt it would get much use... The Minimi would be just as functional with less bulk.

Meanwhile, the RPK would be a nice alternative to the Minimi... The trade-off would be lower bulk for lower ROF (RPK ~600) and suppressive fire ability (30 rnd mag or 75 rnd drum vs 200 rnd box). I think that would fill a niche between the Minimi and the existing ARs without much overlap.
I second this. Many people in the Inf community want full sized AKs in both 7.62mm and 5.45mm. On the other hand people say that having both an AKM and AK74 would be redundant. Well, an RPK or RPK74 would satisfy the need for a 2nd full length AK, since it's basically just an AK with a heavy barrel and bigger mags, but it would still be different enough to not be redundant.

Furthermore, we need a support weapon that isn't as heavy, clumsy, and nigh useless and the Minimi. The RPK is our best bet in this category.

I think an overall revisment of the AK lineup in needed in Inf. The AKMSU bascially "isn't real", and needs to be replaced with an AKS-74U. Then, everyone wants a full sized AK; AKM or AK74 it doesn't really matter. However, I think drum mags should be disabled for both the carbine and rifle AKs, because they weren't meant as support weapons and their light barrels probably could not handle firing that many rounds. That brings us to the RPK. If the RPK is a different caliber than the 2 lighter AKs, then there's no issue with using drum mags in anything other than the MG variant since they won't fit anything else.

Therefore, the only practical AK lineups would be AKMSU/AKM/RPK74 or AKS74U/AK74/RPK. But, we don't want the AKMSU, so scratch the first option. That means AKS74U/AK74/RPK is the way to go. So then we have our 3 AKs everyone wants. Over and out.

Last edited: