1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What weapons do you want to see added?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ecale3, Jan 8, 2004.

1. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

2. ecale3

3. TheShiningWizard

TheShiningWizard Because it's more fantastical.

4. Crazy_Ivan

Crazy_Ivan KAR whore

RPK, as an alternative for the FN Minimi

5. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

/me removes RPK, and says PKM. Better weapon all around.

6. Crazy_Ivan

Crazy_Ivan KAR whore

that was a typo of me... i meant PKM

7. Big_Duke_06

Big_Duke_06 Charlie Don't Surf!

Isn't the PKM a bit big for one soldier to carry around? Add in belts and such... What would the bulk values be like?

That's why I favor the RPK. Think of it as Minimi-Lite. And it could share mags/drums with the existing AKMSU...

Matthew

8. 5eleven

5eleven I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain

This has been brought up before, but rejected out of hand, even by me.

M4.

Yes, it's pretty much the same as the M16A2, BUT:

Lighter bulk value ingame, AND

semi, 3-rd burst, AND full auto. Plus LAM/Flashlight/Aimpoint or Reflex sights.

Besides, where'd that kick ass multi poly model go?????

9. Crazy_Ivan

Crazy_Ivan KAR whore

you see 20 year old africans haul it around, so why can't a well-fed european carry it

10. Big_Duke_06

I guess... But have you used the Minimi yet? Bulk adds real up quick! Minimi + 2-3 boxes of ammo + body armor = slow bastard that gets gunned down real quick.

And seeing as how the PKM is bigger and fires larger, bulkier ammo... Man, it could get ugly fast! I know that right now, the Minimi as about as big a weapon as I'd want to haul around the virtual battlefied...

What would the PKM add that the Minimi doesn't - other than more bulk? Yes, I suppose the larger 7.62x54R round would be more lethal - but the higher ROF of the Minimi pretty much balances that out, right? Don't get me wrong, the PKM is a nice weapon, but I doubt it would get much use... The Minimi would be just as functional with less bulk.

Meanwhile, the RPK would be a nice alternative to the Minimi... The trade-off would be lower bulk for lower ROF (RPK ~600) and suppressive fire ability (30 rnd mag or 75 rnd drum vs 200 rnd box). I think that would fill a niche between the Minimi and the existing ARs without much overlap.

Matthew

11. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

big duke : my argument is better than all yours

PKM looks cool :D

12. stoned_jedi

stoned_jedi Ethically Challenged

flying monkey launcher (The monkeys would have Frickin lasers attatced to there heads)

or maybe a g36 with a high cap magazine? or a SA80

13. Stryker20000

Stryker20000 Your God, Shiro

I havnt seen this suggestion yet, and I am not sure if its an option, but what about the Walther P99? Sure its another pistol, but who could resist this beutifuly crafted hand gun man. Also, what is a static weapon?

Last thing then I got to go to bed. Would the HK MP5/10A4 count? Another SMG wouldnt hurt, would it?

Oh yea, I gota comment on the MINIMI thing. I toat around the SAW with 2 boxes of ammo, 1 in the gun with a spair, and using the strongest armor vest there is with the helmet and I can get around fast and sprint with no problem.

14. Big_Duke_06

Beppo and SS may have the P99 in the works - it's listed in the armory and Beppo has hinted that those weapons listed but not yet implemented may be released in a patch.

MP5/10 would be nearly the same weapon as the existing MP5/40 - just slightly higher damage values.

Regarding the Minimi - yes, with two boxes (one loaded, one spare) and Llv IIIA/helmet, you're okay. It's that third box that turns you into a snail. I admittedly don't use the Minimi much (I'm a SIG/AKMSU guy), so I don't know how often that third box is needed, if at all...

Matthew

15. Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~ You're all gay and stupid.

Can the AKMSU shoot through walls? even thick ones?

16. ninjin

ninjin The Franco-Japanese Carrot

not really a weapon suggestion, but id like to see several modifications to the inf soldier... i.e. goggles, vest, ammo pouches, bulkier "stuff" for example. In my opinion, i just think that the inf soldier looks incredibly thin, and i wouldnt mind seeing really encumbered or loaded inf soldiers instead of the simple rucksack. [​IMG]
    something like this for example (taken from a ghost recon mod)

other suggestions include the ability to have balaclava ONLY, or a beret... for headwear. I think the weapons are pretty much fine as they are and i wouldnt mind seeing several new modifications to player models.

also, is there a way to set the "freecam" after end of round?

17. Thornhill

Thornhill SoS(+)

The M4 in the US Armed Forces refers to a carbine version of the M16A2. 370mm barrel, fixed carry handle, and trigger group of 0-1-3.

The M4A1 however is the carbine version of the M16A3. 370mm barrel, removable carry handle, and trigger group of 0-1-30.

No M16 variant in the US Armed Forces has a trigger group of 0-1-3-30.

Just for your information.

18. ecale3

m4 has a removable carry handle as well BTW. Last i checked anyway.

19. Thornhill

Thornhill SoS(+)

20. Big_Duke_06

You sure? I thought the M4 had fixed carry hande and 0/1/3 selector and M4A1 had removeable carry handle and 0/1/auto selector?

Matthew