What UT2004 shud of had and what UT2005 i wish will have

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

manslauter

Jan 18, 2004
heres what should happen with ut2005..
but before i begin i got a new comp and i downloaded a umod and i need to find a way to get umods to work again :mad:
lets get started:

SINGLE PLAYER:
ut2005 shud have a single player mode.. a REAL single player story mode..

it will be like CAll of DUTY u can have only 2 guns and the damaga is gonna be raised by like 300% so an assault rifle is gonna kick sirius ass.. 3 bullets and ur enemy is down.. flack cannon is gonna be like a shotgun.. 1 shot and ur enemy goes flying..
The story is that all the races are at war
there will be a short campain for EVERY race where u will take part as one of the races characters... u will visit lots of differnet invorments and fight all the races.... there will be sweet action packed cutscenes and BOSSES..
when u beat the campain with every race u got a huge battle in front of u.. the last level... u choose ur side, and u see a dramatic cutscene with someone telling u stuff like this is it, this is the big war, blah blah blah to make u inspired... ( different movie for each race u pick )
so then u have this HUUUUUUGE level and its like onslaught but realistic damage, all sides fighting each other, a HUUUUUGE gigantic battlefeild with vehicles everywhere... u HAve 1 life.. and to beat this level u have to have ur race defeat all other races.. iin the middle of the map u will find kool things and weapons and vehicles.. and armies race there to ge tthere first so they can more easily dispatch their enemies.. the thjings u can find are like an a broken building and when u get on top u can to turn the elekctricity on or something to make a wepaon on top of the building work.. some of the wepaons i thot of are redemeer launchers.. u point the machien/weapon wtvr at the ground and tons of redemmers will fly there.. also there could be an airport and u have to find fuel and fuel some planes which are spicial ass kicking planes that fire large rockets.. also u can block roads so other races have to take more time to get to the middle like if theyr walking through a canyon u can fly a raptor there anf shoot some rocks and thye will fall and block the way.. so ya there will be tons of things to help u win...
to fulyl beat the game u have to win this battle once with every race...

and when u do u think ur all kool and ur finished a new challenge pops up..
u choose any character from the game ( chacarter not race ) and battle the final boss - GOD or something powerfull like that.. when u beat him u win a movie of the character u played with.. a nice mvoie about how he enterted the tournament and about his past..
u can play the last challnege with all characters to unlock all the movies..
each time u battle god it will choose a randowm level so it doesnt get oo boring
when u beat GOd with all the characters u will unlock a smaller version of GOd or wtvr and a new race to play with in multiplayer...

Features of UT2005
realistick damage.. when play instant action or multiplayer u can choose a mutator called ,,retarded damage,, whcih sit he damage we have now :lol:
it will also come with a modern weapons mutator ( Kalashnikov (ak-47), m16, blah blah )
A new feaute i most hope to see is legs and feet... when u look down u see ur legs. and on ur weaposn u will see ur hands.. all hands and legs are gonan be different becaus eu will be using different characters..
a prone ( lie down on the ground ) button would be nice..
Blood m,arks on ppl bodies like bulletholes and bloddy splatters to show that the person was damaged..
new bulletholes for everygun
u can detach all limbs from a person.. better gore
better ragdoll ( see MAx payne 2 for good ragdoll )
Realistick damage of course so u can kill somone with 2 bullets with an assault riffle..that will make u hide and prone a lot
leaning buttons

Levels:
MORE SPACE LEVELS WHERE U CAN WALK ON PLATFORMS IN SPACE AND GET A PLANE AND ACTUALY BE ABLE TO COME OUT OF THE PLANE ANY TIME U WANT..

!!!!!!!!! UNDERWATER SUBMARINE FIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND TOP OF WATER BOAT FIGHTS!!!! THATS A GREAT IDEA OF MINE

so ya those are my ides i hope u read at leats some of this it ook me long to write post ur ideas for ut2005 plz :)
thank u

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Paragraphs are a burden of language but have a use occassionally. Same can be said for spelling.

That said, if you want realistic gameplay play a realistic game. They don't call it "Unreal" for nothing.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
There wont' be a UT2005 i'm guessing, i dont' think they'll release another one unless it's a gold edition with carefull selected mods and any bonus packs in!

And when/if they do another sequel it'll be on a new engine i'm guessing! Wish that melee stuff was on the PC version! :S

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if we'd actually get to see feet and legs in an Unreal game one day; Thief: Deadly Shadows will have that feature (of course it isn't exactly a fast-paced shooter, though), we'll see whether it will turn out useful there and whether any FPS will pick the idea up...

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
That was an awsome post. :lol:

This was my favorite:

manslauter said:
!!!!!!!!! UNDERWATER SUBMARINE FIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND TOP OF WATER BOAT FIGHTS!!!! THATS A GREAT IDEA OF MINE

That sure is a 'great idea of yours'

KenjiE20

Feb 27, 2002
Washington, England
www.longbowslair.co.uk
manslauter said:
it will be like CAll of DUTY
Why not just go and play call of duty, but this time, put it on a HARD level.
Unreal is it's own thing, its the way it is becuase the creators wanted it this way, and I wouldn't have it anyother way.

The only reason 2K4 exists is because Infogrames (now degrading Atari's good name, personal opinion, flame if you like) pushed Epic and DE to release 2K3 on a deadline so a lot of stuff had to be cut. 2K4 is what 2K3 should have been.

shadow_dragon said:
And when/if they do another sequel it'll be on a new engine i'm guessing! Wish that melee stuff was on the PC version! :S

They are doing a sequel; Epic's Unreal Universe based upcoming unannounced game. Using a new (and extremely impressive) new engine.
(One character has more data and texture than an original Unreal I map. :lol: )

http://archive.gamespy.com/gdc2004/unrealengine3/index2.shtml
GameSpy's preview of the Unreal 3.0 engine

http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus/singlepost.php?id=5429
BU's post for the video

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
okay:

1. I didn't read most of that.

2. You want single player, try Unreal 3 in two or three years.

3. You want realism, join the army. Don't get much more real than that!

4. I really don't see the UNREAL game series turning into realism. Ever hear of Battlefield 1942? Play that.

5. You really expected me to waste all that time reading two pages of what appeared to be, upon a skim-through, realism-praise? Yeah, right.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I liked some of his ideas. :)

I wish more games would do the whole "only 2 guns at a time" thing, it creates a vulnerability that induces lots of tension and is often overlooked. I like the multiple character/race idea aswell, adds depth and replayability to the game (remember AvP?).

Theres some other good ideas too, like realistic damage. Shooting something in the head should drop it straight away, shooting the legs should make you run slower, and shooting the arms should make your aim worse.

I probably like this ideas that would most likely slow the game down because I'm not getting any younger, the UT series is too fast for me now, I can't keep up with the marathon pace all the time. Sometimes I like to be able to trot around a little picking off people from a distance, think about what weapon might be good in the situation, think up a strategy to getting in a base then doing it...

I think a sequel to XMP would be my kind of game really. Ah well, wishful thinking I guess.

manslauter

Jan 18, 2004
ok so i see u guys dont like my ides..
ARE U TELLING ME that u dont like these:
a modern weapons mutator
underwater and on water levels :D
more space levels
being able to see feet and arms
single player with a story

oh plz im sur eu want a single player with an actualy story.. if u dont like sotry then play instant action or multiplayer.. i know u would enjoy a sotry mode dont lie.. ur just flamign just to flame

how about this: realistick damaga will be a mutator :)
and the normal unreal damage is gonna be standart..
This sounds good?? no siriusly i think if they had a real damage mutator that would kick ass
admit u gotta like some of my ideas.. and now that i said real damaga is gonna be a mutator i think my ideas will make evryone satisfied.. common...
true??

Kah-Neth

Angel of Death
Dec 27, 2003
Game Grid, Sector 00 Offset FE
ok so i see u guys dont like my ides..
ARE U TELLING ME that u dont like these:
a modern weapons mutator
underwater and on water levels
more space levels
being able to see feet and arms
single player with a story

oh plz im sur eu want a single player with an actualy story.. if u dont like sotry then play instant action or multiplayer.. i know u would enjoy a sotry mode dont lie.. ur just flamign just to flame

how about this: realistick damaga will be a mutator
and the normal unreal damage is gonna be standart..
This sounds good?? no siriusly i think if they had a real damage mutator that would kick ass
admit u gotta like some of my ideas.. and now that i said real damaga is gonna be a mutator i think my ideas will make evryone satisfied.. common...
true??
didn't i tell you to shut up

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
No, we don't want single player or realism. THAT'S WHAT THE OTHER F*CKIN GAMES ARE FOR. If we want single player we have the Unreal series (not to be confused with the Unreal TOURNAMENT series) and if we wanted realism there's Counterstrike, BF1942, etc.

So no. You are not being original or interesting in any way. Such things could only drag down the next UT game.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Kah-Neth said:
didn't i tell you to shut up
Shut up.

Seriously though, what the hell kind of reply is that? You're rapidly painting a big bullseye on your chest that says BAN ME!!! in the middle.