1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What sort of plug-ins will I need for...

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by Traxis, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Traxis

Traxis Waiting for the deathblow

Using Maya 5 Unlimited to model and export static meshes, player models and weapon models? I have access to Maya at school, and I wanted to know what plug-ins I would need to download so I can export models into Ued.

2. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

I'm assuming Maya 5 is advanced enough by now that they have .ase export functionality by default with the program - that's the format you need to for Statics. For skeletal stuff you need ActorX, found at the UDN:

http://udn.epicgames.com/pub/Content/ActorX/

3. Traxis

Traxis Waiting for the deathblow

I don't think Maya 5 has built in .ase support; I looked in the documentation and these were the only supported data output formats:

Maya Ascii
    Maya Binary
    MEL
    DXF
    OBJ
    IGES
    StudioTools wire
    mov (ascii motion)
    VRML2
    GE2
    RTG

If anyone knows where I could get a plug-in that would allow me to export to .ase in Maya 5, I would greatly appreciate it.