1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What should I play while we wait for V3.0?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Wedge, Feb 9, 2000.

1. Wedge

Wedge New Member

And don't say V2.7. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I've been playing this awesome mod for weeks now and I love it. But, despite the great new maps I've been playing lately, I'm getting worn out. Since the Inf community still is in it's infancy there isn't enough people playing online to make that worthwhile and I'm tired of get sniped by the bots from a half mile away with a shotgun (slight exaggeration).

So, now that I'm hooked on Real World combat I think I'm going to get Rogue Spear. I tried the demo of Swat3 but it ran like crap compared to UT and Rogue Spear. I also tried Counter-strike (please don't hit me Warren for using that curse word) but I just don't like the control/character movement of the HL engine anymore.

Can anyone recommend something better or is Rogue Spear the way to go?

2. Cap'n Beeb

Cap'n Beeb Banned

This isn't very realistic, but I suggest Mechwarrior 3. Great game, could have been a little longer, but it should pass the time until the bot fix or 3.0 comes out. Thats what I did while waiting for 2.7 to be released. Again, it's not all that realistic, and thats what you are looking for, go for Rogue Spear.

3. Corin

Corin New Member

I just play 2.6 for Unreal. Or Myth 2.

4. Wedge

Wedge New Member

Actually, I already played the heck out of MW3. Great game indeed. And thanks for the suggestion. I bought Rogue Spear tonight so I guess I've made my decision. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

5. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

Try some Heavy Gear 2. It's damn fun. (I'm not taking any lip from you 'Mechwarriors')

6. Kooly

Kooly New Member

I would look into getting Delta Force II....

7. Guest

Guest Guest

If you want to work on your tactics then Rogue Spear is the one for you, though at times the aiming system is...very frustrating to say the least.

The expansion pack will be out soon as well and they have the SAW and improved AI in it.
    CC

------------------
    Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
    http://www.cablelink.com/realworld/index.html

8. Guest

Guest Guest

If you want to work on your tactics then Rogue Spear is the one for you, though at times the aiming system is...very frustrating to say the least.

The expansion pack will be out soon as well and they have the SAW and improved AI in it.
    CC

------------------
    Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
    http://www.cablelink.com/realworld/index.html

9. TRAPPER

TRAPPER New Member

right on wedge, anyway play homeworld it is pretty neat especialy online play.

10. deathren

deathren Dusty ****er.

MECHWARRIOR 3 R O C K S!

------------------
    "The world ended when man was created"
    -deathren

11. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

It would have been better if activision had kept withit tho.

Damn, Mechwarrior2 had THE BEST muzak=)

12. Lucian

Lucian New Member

RS is great except when the AI see you before you see them your dead. BANG BAM SHOT RED SCREEN RELOAD AND TRY AGAIN. Some levels I got through with 1 try, others I lost count.
    You sorta find yourself screaming and no-one in particular in the hostage levels as they get slaughtered when one of your team accidentally shows themselves.....etc etc etc.

I'm thinking of starting Unreal 1 to see what INF 2.6 classic is like with INF maps to boot /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

13. Toysrme

Toysrme I love college... UA ROCKS

altho after playing with that ungodly m16 in 2.7(i live that gun=) it's hard to shoot it in 2.6 ..... anyways 2.6 is still more fun online b/c
    a) ut plays like shit on my 288 with pings of 330+
    B) unreal i play 210-270 (normall 220 with 4 on sob2, with 10 it's 260. assuming the packetloss monster isn't out in force that night)
    c) so manymore ppl play 2.6 and
    d) only 2.6 map in 2.7 is ceetak.

and HUNDRETH POST! WOO HOO! ONLY 8THOUSAND BEHIND BILL AND NEO!

[This message has been edited by Toysrme (edited 02-12-2000).]

14. INF_Neo

INF_Neo Infiltration Sound Engineer