What Pistol do you want!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Well!?

• H&K Mark 23 US SOCCOM

Votes: 66 86.8%
  • Walther P99 carry

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
I've heard the French legal system was pretty bizarre but thats nuts.

I can just see you now getting pulled over with a trunk full of automatic weapons.

Officer "My, my what have here sir?"

DB "Just some hunting weapons sir. I'm a sportsman."

Officer "You call this M16 a hunting weapon?"

DB "Its for wild boar hunting sir. You never can be too careful with dangerous game."

Officer "And the attached grenade launcher?"

DB "Thats not a grenade launcher ,sir, that's an elephant gun:)"

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
and you know what ?

Having a .338 LM or .408CT is far more easy to get than a 7.2x51 NATO !
They are classified for hunting...

I imagine what a .338LM do to a rabbit..

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I've seen what a .30-06 can do to a rat... the rat dissapears in a poof of a red cloud :D
(don't ask how I know ;) )

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Originally posted by yurch
what happens when you launch the rat out of the m203 tube?

Ahahaa

On-line you will hear: Rat whore, rat whore !

Don't throw you rat at blank range !

I read in the FM manual Rat cannot be armed til they reach 15meters !

karsh

Y2KHippy-Karsh or WW2Hippy-Karsh
May 24, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
Trying to regain my composiour........

I've been laughing my ass off reading the last 8 messages,
I've gotta ask though, does anyone know what a JackHammer loaded with "hotshot" shells do to a rat at close range????

Im thinking a slightly Over cooked lunch....
but thats me... anyone seen it?

anyways, The Laser sighting would be interesting for a pistol, I think I'd need it, because several times I've cought an enemy in my Pistol sights with out him knowing Im even there (its great to have a bulk of only 5) and its hard to line up the perfect head shot, and a laser dot will be great. but I wouldnt like to see the bulk of the SOCOM, the P99 sounds great if its light enuff and its reloadrate sounds fast but I dont know what the rate is for the pistols we already have. I need very fast relaods for pistols as when Im using a pistol, thats all Im useing, and if Im outa ammo I cant change to a side arm
hmm suppressor's on pistols... hmm useful but I cant see me spending extra bulk on a supresor for a already heavy pistol.

I wouldnt mind seeing a Auto pistol in the game, though It would probly weigh to much for me to use...

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
The original stuff.

Pistols are a soldier´s last resort. This is a point.

Now, why 9mm or .45?

See, the 9mm is designed for penetration, it´s speedy, "sharp" edged and so. But, it will not cause much WOUND. It will go thruth easilly by and unarmored guy...

NOW THE .45...

This is designed for killing. The bullet is like an olive: small and has a big radius(for a bullet). It might have less speed and so, but it is heavier(i can be mistaken), and BIGGER. Now, lets remember our phisics classes: WTF happens to anything that is trown to the water? It causes waves. Now our biology classes: what takes most of the weight of a human body? Water.

Now lets join the 2: imagine a small rock hitting u in a high velocity.

The waves of your body will make your skin collapse AROUND Ground-Zero. Now, u have a lot of veins and stuff under the skin. Just imagine they getting destroyed by the wave formed. Now u have a serious bleeding. U´re in pretty bad situation now: the wound caused is VERY big. U´re bleeding like a pig in the "metzrei". U´re dead.

It is like a meteorite hit: small, speedy and BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM...

I would go with the .45 purely because I need a BACKUP weapon. Most of the time when I run out of ammo for my primary, I would have hit the other guy at least once. With a .45, or the current .357, it would only take one shot to finish the guy off. In short, I need STOPPING POWER. the .45 will probably do it for me. 12 rounds of .45 ammunition, AND possibly a surpressor (silencer :)) and laser pointer will be my god pistol.

In fact, I may make a new scout loadout with only the pistol :)

I would go with the 9mm in terms of body armor though. It probably has a faster rate of fire, so I could launch a larger number of rounds to an enemies face. Two rounds in close to the same place should do it, as opposed to one larger round.

Than again, what the hell am I doing with a pistol against someone with level III+ body armor? :D

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
The kind of tissue damage your talking about CAVERNA2K simply doesn't happen with pistol bullets. Pistol rounds lack the velocity required.

http://www.firearmstactical.com/tactical.htm

Kurishio a real life weapon is a matter of personal preference. Any of the major calibers, 9mmP, 10mmAuto, .40S&W, .357SIG, .357Magnum, .45ACP, will do the job IF you are competent with the weapon. None of them will reliably penetrate body armor especially with the typical defense load of hollowpoints so thats a non-issue. The size of the weapon you plan to carry may also dictate caliber. You may be able to get a ultra compact alloy pistol that weighs less than 16oz in .357SIG but are you really going to want to shoot it enough times to become competent with it?

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
doesent 5.7x28 penetrate most armor due to its added velocity?

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
5.7mm penetrates by the combination of high velocity and small cross section. Its supposed to do more damage by tumbling after impact.

Dunno know Fur the 9mm +P or +P+ loads aren't bad for penetration and the low power .40 loads a lot of people were using aren't that great. A lot of it depends on the bullet and what angle it hits at too.

Feel free to laugh but right now I carry an antique .38 special Colt Police Positive revolver loaded with 158gr SWC's. Not exactly the worlds greatest combat handgun by a long shot but I'm 100% confident in it functioning and pretty damn confident with the accuracy I get out of it. Besides that its fairly small,light and easy to handle. I'm looking for something better at the moment but til I can test fire a few I'm not putting my money down. That and my last big spend was on the computer I'm using now:) The computer seemed a little more practical than another handgun.