What, no XCom love?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
When I was a kid I picked up XCom, and promptly had my ass handed to me. It was such a cool concept, but, being a kid who mostly played FPSes and platformers, I had no chops. It was my first turn-based strategy game.

When I heard they were remaking XCom, I was pretty damned excited, but I figured I'd wait until enough solid player feedback accrued before I'd pick it up.

Well, once I finished Dishonored, I decided it was time to give it a go.

Holy crap, I'm glad I did.

It still retains a lot of the brutal feel of XCom, but isn't QUITE as brutal. The UI is pretty decent in my opinion (way better than the original), though I've heard some complaints. There is some great strategy involved in the game, and planning takes precedence like in it's predecessor.

I'm playing on Normal, but I think on my next playthrough I'll bump it up a bit. I actually haven't lost a single man yet, which surprised me.

Anybody else playing it?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Watched totalbiscuits WTF is? of the game. He says its one of the buggiest games this year but manages to be so fun it doesn't matter.

Personally I hate games like this but I can see why people love it.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Idk.

It feels extremely on-rails compared to the originals. Nevermind the whole limited map variety deal.