What kind of graphics card do YOU use?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MoRpHoBiS

Aug 6, 2005
Post your graphics cards here! w00t! I use:
6832788_ra.jpg

and the specs on it are:
-3Dc image enhancement technology significantly improves detail and increases performance while utilizing less memory

-DirectX 9.0 and OpenGL 2.0 shader support for cinema-quality images and enhanced gameplay

-SMARTSHADER HD advanced pixel shader engine with up to 16 parallel pixel pipelines and 6 programmable vertex shader pipelines

-VIDEOSHADER HD advanced shader processing engine offers user-programmable video effects, video quality enhancement and multiformat encoding/decoding, including MPEG-1,-2,-4, Real Media, DivX and WMV9

-SMOOTHVISION HD offers 2X/4X/8X antialiasing modes for crisp, clear images without jagged edges

-HYPER Z HD 3-level hierarchical Z-Buffer with Early Z Test; lossless Z-Buffer compression up to 48:1

-CATALYST software optimizes GPU performance and provides maximum stability and user control

-Y, Pr, Pb component video output for direct drive of HDTV displays; S-video and composite video outputs

-Dual integrated display controls

-Powered by the ATI RADEON X700 PRO graphics processing unit (GPU)

-256MB GDDR3 ultrafast memory (128-bit)

-PCI Express x16 interface

There yah go!!!

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
MoRpHoBiS said:
My card probably sucks compared to all of yours, lol.
Hmm, yours beats the 9800XT in some tests and vice versa. 3DMark03 the X700 Pro wins, 3DMark05 the 9800XT wins.

MoRpHoBiS

Aug 6, 2005
For UT 2004, both can run the game at high graphic capabilities and still run the same, right?

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Yes. I used to have a Radeon 9800 pro and it ran UT2004 in max details fine. In resolution 1280x1024.

I use the wonder, the one and only "HIS ATi Radeon X800 XL IceQ II PCI-E 16x"

Right I spend too much money on my pc, but it owns. :p

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Mr. UglyPants said:
I use a GeForce FX 5200

This card is 256 MB. It provide a good Virtual memory but it totaly blow in providing a decent resolution with good framerates. I have it too. That ****y GFX 5000 can't provide decent framerates with projector on, or even with decals

My next step is a PCI-E card, one that will be mad enough to run UT2007 with 70 FPS in epic retail maps. And that, with shaders, 1024X768 and everything set to higher than normal.

I mean, i play UT2004 at the lowest resolution in windowed mode with a 17' screen. I am insane. Since i can play decently with hitscan weapons from a long distance, and that, even if i am not sure of where my target go. It's sort of mental prediction. And it quite work well and do exist.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Its basicly at the start of the map that the game will froze, try with 256 MB ram and juge yourself, that's what i first had with a Nvidia MX 400 64 MB. Yet another garbage vid card :(

When the game froze, the match will basicly continue, but you won't be able to move your aim, and depending on where you're going, when it froze you keep going on that direction, then it kinda pause for 1 second.

And music stop/continue aswell.

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Ge-Force
It's good enough to run UT2004 without crashing, that's about all I know!
And I can't find the flipplin' box...oh here it is

GeForce FX5200 with 128MB DDR and AGP 8X, what ever those things are, they run UT without any in game lag, except at 1st spawn when it's huge map like ONS-Panelesh or it's 16 v 16 (instant action)