what is the deal with aimbots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
Firstly, sorry to bring up an old done and dusted thread... :rolleyes:

My point (not to flame anyone or say anything bad), is to ask whether anyone has enough knowledge of the unreal script (or whatever its called) to encode/convert the antiTCC thing from ut2003.

Although i have never witnessed any cheating first hand, i just thought it might put some people's minds at rest if there was an atiTCC thing on the servers... :)

My thought for the day :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
ummm since ut2k3/4 and xmp are on completely different codebases...you would have to write it from scratch.

Mar 6, 2004
My situation last night in Garden, tell me what you think cuz i'm saying aimbot (and yes i'm gonna be flamed but i don't care cuz i just want your thoughts) but i'll leave the name unknown, yesterday i was in my old room (decided to give version 7710 a break and hang in my first xmp server i was a regular in). This person comes in(btw he was playing as a tech) everyone knows him, i keep playing him, i'm flying everywhere, he hits me in 2 when i'm buzzing (like a panic rush mega fast zooming in the air) like a bee around a hive and i get out by 2 headshots? hmmm, anyway i say it's just luck, go back after him same thing, buzzing and 4 hits this time, again 0 misses, i'm thinking "wtf? 6 direct hits?" go after him again and takes me out in 4 hits, 0 misses, i go again exactly 2 hits and 0 misses, i'm getting suspisious(sp) now and then we do it again, i'm again buzzing and 4 hits 0 misses, i go somewhere else, later we meet in my base deploy, i'm smacking him with 2 gernades, he kills me in 2...respawn and i'm with 3 others and he hits them all with 0 misses, i hit him 5 times with my gernade and sniped him twice with my sniper rifle, other keep hitting him, it was 3 on 1's and 4 on 1's and he can't heal cuz there are no healing things down here and he's a tech with Ranger speed and he gets 15 kills before he dies by someone (had a total of 20 kills in 9 minutes), as you know xmp has no cheat protectiona nd that's a load of crap what he was doing, he never missed me once, not even once...even far away shots and he's jumping everywhere with jump jets on all the time, he even hits me and sometimes kills me from far away, i don't care what anyone says, he's definatly using something. I bet he could take out all the best xmp players easy.

Last edited:

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
Sir Brizz, XMP has a very very similar, in fact apparently almost the same engine to UT2003. Look at the numbers on the bottom right of your screen; last version of UT2003 was v2225 and XMP's latest patch is v2226... Go figure...

Ya killer i have heard some stuff similar to what you're saying too. You're not alone in this one mate :)

But as of yet i still don't think i've seen anything like that. i've seen similar, but they've always missed sometimes :eek: Just good players IMHO :)

OMG was that on RR:U2? i went back for a laugh yesterday and someone kicked my arse which i thought was wrong :lol: I kept getting killed by him so i just ended up arti running... hmmm...

The owner of that server never repies to emails... :(

Last edited:

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
as most of you know, aimbots were really big in UT zp instagib.. i used to play zp instagib (i had a friend who played it and he got me into computer gaming through playing zp instagib :p ) and it was quite difficult to detect bots (without cheat protection). most of the good bots were "trigger bots" i think is what everybody called them.. basically you could wave your crosshair around, firing whenever you want, but when the crosshair passes over an enemy, it fires. the only way you might notice somebody is using it is if they are spinning to shoot somebody else and their crosshair accidentally crosses over another guy and shoots him... idk what the state of hacks is in XMP, but trigger bots were quite popular in instagib cuz they were harder to detect just by watching the person.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
{MåçE} said:
as most of you know, aimbots were really big in UT zp instagib.. i used to play zp instagib (i had a friend who played it and he got me into computer gaming through playing zp instagib :p ) and it was quite difficult to detect bots (without cheat protection). most of the good bots were "trigger bots" i think is what everybody called them.. basically you could wave your crosshair around, firing whenever you want, but when the crosshair passes over an enemy, it fires. the only way you might notice somebody is using it is if they are spinning to shoot somebody else and their crosshair accidentally crosses over another guy and shoots him... idk what the state of hacks is in XMP, but trigger bots were quite popular in instagib cuz they were harder to detect just by watching the person.

^^^ Exactly. So is it possible? I'd be willing to learn (or try to learn) to convert an anti cheat mod as long as its after my law exams! Could anyone do it before me?
answer = probably :lol:

Personally i don't want this game to get into the same pot of s**t that its brothers (and Counterstrike) fell into... Mind you i still play them, on the servers i know are legit...

[[Vash]]

.:Player:.
Feb 16, 2004
Florida
www.nobullclan.org
(GR)Killer said:
My situation last night in Garden, tell me what you think cuz i'm saying aimbot (and yes i'm gonna be flamed but i don't care cuz i just want your thoughts) but i'll leave the name unknown, yesterday i was in my old room (decided to give version 7710 a break and hang in my first xmp server i was a regular in). This person comes in(btw he was playing as a tech) everyone knows him, i keep playing him, i'm flying everywhere, he hits me in 2 when i'm buzzing (like a panic rush mega fast zooming in the air) like a bee around a hive and i get out by 2 headshots? hmmm, anyway i say it's just luck, go back after him same thing, buzzing and 4 hits this time, again 0 misses, i'm thinking "wtf? 6 direct hits?" go after him again and takes me out in 4 hits, 0 misses, i go again exactly 2 hits and 0 misses, i'm getting suspisious(sp) now and then we do it again, i'm again buzzing and 4 hits 0 misses, i go somewhere else, later we meet in my base deploy, i'm smacking him with 2 gernades, he kills me in 2...respawn and i'm with 3 others and he hits them all with 0 misses, i hit him 5 times with my gernade and sniped him twice with my sniper rifle, other keep hitting him, it was 3 on 1's and 4 on 1's and he can't heal cuz there are no healing things down here and he's a tech with Ranger speed and he gets 15 kills before he dies by someone (had a total of 20 kills in 9 minutes), as you know xmp has no cheat protectiona nd that's a load of crap what he was doing, he never missed me once, not even once...even far away shots and he's jumping everywhere with jump jets on all the time, he even hits me and sometimes kills me from far away, i don't care what anyone says, he's definatly using something. I bet he could take out all the best xmp players easy.

Call the person out in public.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Eat_my_shorts said:
Sir Brizz, XMP has a very very similar, in fact apparently almost the same engine to UT2003. Look at the numbers on the bottom right of your screen; last version of UT2003 was v2225 and XMP's latest patch is v2226... Go figure...

Ya killer i have heard some stuff similar to what you're saying too. You're not alone in this one mate :)

But as of yet i still don't think i've seen anything like that. i've seen similar, but they've always missed sometimes :eek: Just good players IMHO :)

OMG was that on RR:U2? i went back for a laugh yesterday and someone kicked my arse which i thought was wrong :lol: I kept getting killed by him so i just ended up arti running... hmmm...

The owner of that server never repies to emails... :(
The version numbers don't mean anything. All it means is that they were based off a similar build of the Unreal Engine. However, the different implementations are not even close. Go export the Unreal Script for Unreal2/XMP and you will see that it's not easy like you think.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
I know it's not that easy but they are very similar. I believe that the engine is similar but the exact code varies slightly; dependant on the attributes of the game itself...

It can't be that hard though if i can code things for UT2003 already...

I thought the version numbers meant quite a lot... like v451(UT) is grossly different to v2225(UT2003)... :-/ and so, the actual (U2XMP) 2226 engine is virtually the same, just the things it is designated to do are slightly different... :nag:

Mar 6, 2004
[[Vash]] said:
Call the person out in public.

You mean say his name in this thread? that's aiight, i'll let people figure it out by themselves who he is, but a GR member did come posting about him getting over 20k a game and yeah gumby it was in the rr server, first time i was there i had troubles because the lag n **** but now i can really tell how much i've improved and all i wanna do is hang my mouth open :eek: and was told by 2 gr members i was the best gr player ever, anyway wanna go abck sometime and try it out since the server is working instead of not connecting? and yeah the admin doesn't e-mail you back, probably doesn't even remember this game :lol:

Last edited:

RLD

Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.
May 15, 2004
(GR)Killer said:

Yes there was a hax0ring a$$hat on myu last night I spectating for three maps just be sure. The name was !Garth!

damn

Jan 27, 2004
I highly doubt anyone was cheating, these people are just a lot better than you...

Ðetta

ºØmníºÐetta
Jan 23, 2004
UK
Yes there was a hax0ring a$$hat on myu last night I spectating for three maps just be sure. The name was !Garth!

!Garth! played on Omni server with a bunch of us a few nights ago, he certainly wasn't doing anything to suggest 'haxxoring' then.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
You can spectate people "in eyes" if you didn't know.. Just spectate them and use the behindview command and it'll toss you into their eyes instead of chasecam'in them in third person as usual. Would be kind of difficult to hide aimbotting if you were viewing that way..

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Eat_my_shorts said:
I know it's not that easy but they are very similar. I believe that the engine is similar but the exact code varies slightly; dependant on the attributes of the game itself...

It can't be that hard though if i can code things for UT2003 already...

I thought the version numbers meant quite a lot... like v451(UT) is grossly different to v2225(UT2003)... :-/ and so, the actual (U2XMP) 2226 engine is virtually the same, just the things it is designated to do are slightly different... :nag:
In a way you are right. But what you aren't realizing is that the "core" of the engine has been modified as well as the Script files. v2210 or something was their BASE version, but it's been heavily modified since then.

If you know how to code for UT2003, you can LEARN to code for Unreal2 (although it isn't documented nearly as much) but the point of all my posts has been that porting over AntiTCC would basically require you to rewrite the entire thing because all of the classes and things that Wormbo has extending more than likely don't exist in XMP or they are implemented differently. This means that functions and methods Wormbo overrode in 2k3 probably don't exist in XMP, let alone the fact that "Cheat Protection" was implemented to different levels in both games.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
Sir_Brizz said:
In a way you are right. But what you aren't realizing is that the "core" of the engine has been modified as well as the Script files. v2210 or something was their BASE version, but it's been heavily modified since then.

If you know how to code for UT2003, you can LEARN to code for Unreal2 (although it isn't documented nearly as much) but the point of all my posts has been that porting over AntiTCC would basically require you to rewrite the entire thing because all of the classes and things that Wormbo has extending more than likely don't exist in XMP or they are implemented differently. This means that functions and methods Wormbo overrode in 2k3 probably don't exist in XMP, let alone the fact that "Cheat Protection" was implemented to different levels in both games.

:eek: I see your point :)

harteman

Feb 13, 2004
From what I have seen of !Garth!, he doesn't cheat. You know, the best cheat is called "skill." I see many people that use that all the time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.