What is the correct way to make a ramp?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
Should I create a thin, square brush and rotate it to the angle I want?
Also, why did my level disappear from my UT\maps folder? I saved it multiple times as DialAJunk. I used the RichRig textures and I notice that the RichRig.utx pack is gone now, too. Will levels not show up in Ued2 unless the .utx you used is still there? I don't know why that .utx disappeared.

Thanks
:)

Update:
Now the level I made with the Skaarj.utx is gone. The name DialAJunk is still there but when I load it up there is nothing showing. And I checked for the .utx file (Skaarj) and it IS still there. WTF?! I can't finish a level if it won't save. I build a little bit, then hit "rebuild" after painful texture alignments, and save... do a little more building, "rebuild", save. Come back the next day, hit open map, click on DialAJunk/ open, and a blank grid shows!!!!!
AAAHHHH!!

Last edited:

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
the easiest way to do a ramp is in the 2d editor. make the shape you like it to have (looking at it from the side; i.e. a triangle) then extract it to the width you'd like it to have, then rotate it into positon.

if maps need a certain package of textures, and if that textures-pack has been deleted, the map won't load anymore. you could make a copy of any other pack, rename it to the one gone missing, then it will load. the missing textures will be automatically replaced by that turquoisy bubblish standard texture. but maybe you just accidentaly saved it into a different folder than /maps

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
Thanks for the ramp tip.

But the level I was creating was called DialAJunk. And it did show up in the right place. But when I opened it there is nothing there, just an empty grid line. I even rebuilt the level using the Skaarj texture set. Same thing, however this time I checked and the Skaarj set is there (unlike the strange dissapearance of the RchRig textures). I assumed that the level would still show up as you stated, with the wierd bubble textures, but nothing shows up. When I save it, does it need a DM- in front of it? I never had to do that before (just to work on it)...

At this rate I will have to finish a level in one sitting, or I will never see the level again.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
2d sucks, way too slow and too much work, sometimes it can be helpfiull but not in case of such a simple square ramp, you need vertex. i build 90 procent of my maps with cubes and vertex
and rotating sux

check the log file or you wotn find the problem, check wich is the prob, paste it here

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
Thanks a lot people :)

You are all a great help, and it looks like I now have a couple of ways to make ramps

Hourences:
I will try to get that log file posted up here. Then maybe you look at it for me? :D

I have been on three other Ued2 forums on other sites and no one has found any solution for me to the editor problem. Jeez, what a buggy piece of poo.