1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

what if...

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by SU3000, Jul 25, 2000.

1. SU3000

SU3000 Bringer of Fear and 0wnage

What if someone is put in the farm and s/he behaves quite well for a certain period of time (depending on the lameness of the act <- consensus here).
    Will s/he be taken out?

2. SkummyB|BuF

SkummyB|BuF Would you like to see me dance?

Wellllllllllllllllllll.

Selerox always says - The only way out of the Llama Farm is death. We were considering this a while back, when a few [K7] members we showing signs of "non-lameness" but this ended after the flamewars started (again :().

This is a bit of an iffy area methinks - I would like to see what Sel or Blow have to say about this.

3. The_Inflictor

The_Inflictor Honest and unmerciful

I agree with SU3K.

e.g. Deathbrother is in there by default because he is in [MNSG], but he seems like a reasonable chap.

4. Yellow5

Yellow5 Guest

How about a "retired llamas" section. You can place them into that area, and bring them out of retirement if they start acting up again.

5. My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF The Original Brother Ooze!

NNNOOOOO!!!!

The penalty of being placed in the llama farm in NON REVOCABLE! (ok... I am spouting opinion...I actually have no say over the farm:))

If llamas know they can eventually be let out this lessons the penalty of being placed in.

The only way out should be to change your identity!

BTW it's been a while since we had a good old fashioned llama (witch) hunt! :)

MOE

6. The Dopefish

The Dopefish Active Member

It's not really a witch hunt...

...because when we see an act of lameness done by someone we converge on our target, rather than just picking random people to converge on (i.e. during regular gameplay ;)).

7. Blowfish

Blowfish New Member

LF isn't for everyone

The people on the Llama Farm list aren't some FPS newbies who have no idea what spawn killing is.

They were lame for continuous periods of time. It wasn't one act of lameness or even several acts commited by clueless beginners. They have ruined too many games and do not deserve our trust. I know so because I trust LF to place the right people on their list.

Besides, after having been on the Llama Farm, a player's name would be stained. Who would want to live with that..

8. The Dopefish

The Dopefish Active Member

Uhhh...whoops! Wrong thread. ;)

9. My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF The Original Brother Ooze!

hehehehe....

shameless spammer!!! ;)

MOE

10. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

LF

I think DB is a genuine exception, as he really does seem to be an OK guy, but I'm not too sure about the idea of retiring llamas TBH.

If DB leaves MNSG he won't be in the LF anyway, but I think that is unlikly.

11. Kukuman

Kukuman HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT

Yeah, DB's a nice guy, and if you were going to take someone out of the farm, I'd like to see him taken out.

12. Rooster

Rooster Local Legend

I'd second the motion to remove DB from the farm.

Put him on a 30 day probationary period. :D

13. D66

D66 Grey Pilgrim

No Mercy!!!!

I say leave him in. Its a way to discourage players from joining Llama clans. A clan gets put in the farm, the clan stays in the farm. If you want out of the farm, get out of the clan. That simple.
    The only way to wash clean the stain of the Llama should to change your Identity, thus washing your hands of the Llama behavior of the past. That act of contrision will let the world know that the Llama in you is dead.
    Not a Sermon...Just a Thought

14. SU3000

SU3000 Bringer of Fear and 0wnage

well you don't put someone in prison for life because he's had a parking ticket. I wasn't talking about someone particular, but DB seems ok to me too.