WHAT HAPPENS IF

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
IF YOU MERGE BETA VORTEX2 WITH FHUB1:

HERE

Screenshots will maybe follow soon, but try it really! :lol:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Btw you need Zora's conversion files for this as I used her maps for this (was lazy to convert it myself because this was just for test)

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
If it took the Prometheus way, the Vortex would be two times more cramped than the Prometheus itself.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I did notice that the ship was too small :) Not even similar to Prometheus or Terraniux.
ISV-Kran should also be too small, I believe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
If it took the Prometheus way, the Vortex would be two times more cramped than the Prometheus itself.

Actually I tested it with the Unreal PSX Vortex Rikers too, it has changed looks a bit but in fact it is more realistic, the lava area is not the area in Nyleve though, I tried merging the maps together and it seems to fit right behind VR, but down there, as in the opposite side of nyleve, in fact the sky touched right behind the RRajigar mine entrance, implying that the lava must be from RRajigar section.
[SCREENSHOT]http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5097/vrpsx.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

This is right pasted in and moved, not rotated or anything (in the VR nyleve merge I had to do it by pasting it in and rotating and positioning), also it's not aligned really. SO it might not fit exactly but you get the idea.

So the question is, whether they assumed that Vortex Rikers fell in parts, or parts of it are underground etc, this seems to be case with Unreal PSX at least. But of course they changed a lot of things there, as it is common with console ports overall.

Anyway they could make it more realistic in original Unreal by making the look of the ship bigger.

EDIT: One explanation could be that once you enter vortex rikers you become dwarf, so in reality the rooms are smaller but seem bigger to you. :lol:

Last edited:

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I have tinkered with the Vortex Rikers, your right, the NyLeve Falls ship is too small to fit, but I played around and got the ship to fit within the Vortex2 (release version)

I found the interior actually fits perfectly once sized right. I made a "fixed" Vortex Rikers and finished passages, even added an engine room. No, I never released this anywhere. It will probably go into my Search series.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Mind you, in one official version it did fit actually, I remember playing the beta where nyleve and vortex 2 was actually merged together. Dunno why they changed it, also if you look at the hub system at betas, the connection in final version doesn't make sense, if you merged the maps they would overlap, unlike the beta hub system where rrajigar fitted right back in the fhub1, in final there is passage.unr, but it would overlap and conflict with nyleve actually if merged together. :lol: I mean beta fhub1 had passage.unr in it, but it was connected differently and if it was connected the way it is in final version, the brushes would overlap with the rrajigar mine entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.