1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What happened to TWD?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BillyBadAss, Sep 8, 2015.

1. cryptophreak

cryptophreak unbalanced

I think you've formed an elaborate picture based on a few words, and that picture might not be completely accurate. My income is indeed higher than average, but the idea that you could infer the totality of my life and personal motivations from that one fact sounds, well, kind of dumb and a little arrogant. I'd gladly trade the freedom to make frequent stupid purchases for the security and communal benefit of a planned economy. But of course it doesn't matter what I say, because:

In other words, you have me completely figured out based on a post and can learn nothing more—in fact, you evidently have much to teach me about myself! You must be very wise.

You've yet to suggest a plan to "balance the economy in a serious way" so I guess you'll just have to go on being skeptical that I'd support it. Oh well.

2. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

The first post is about TWD. The most recent post is about Capitalism.

Hmm.

3. The Dopefish

The Dopefish Active Member

crypto phreak: Sorry if I'm generalizing but you have to understand that (a.) you're not explaining yourself thoroughly, and (b.) there are few people in society who genuinely intend to do good and even fewer who want to share their financial success. It is also pretty easy to say you'd go along with something if you had a guarantee it would work. There are no guarantees in life, as they say, so I guess you'd be content to see things stay the same.

4. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

BuF is awfully slow these days...

gotta' make something interesting happen.

Al likes this.
  5. Peavey

Peavey Rattus Norvegicus

Slow??

6. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

It depends. What gets people off their butts is, bluntly, lack of comfort. Once you become uncomfortable enough to do something about it, then you get up and do something. Increasingly, people are not uncomfortable. The native american example is only relevant because freely provided comfort (regardless of the source) can cause the same problems across society as it does on the reservations over time.

The Dopefish likes this.
  7. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

This is the most active topic across the entire forum :)

8. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

The only thing I remember about his wife were those humongous ti............. errr sorry to hear he got divorced.

BillyBadAss and Al like this.
  9. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

oh yeah she did have some tig ole Mormon bitties, didn't she?