What exactly is Unreal 226

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
226a is semi-official. Aparrently it was on Epic's site for a few days but they took it off again... maybe because of some of the bugs... but it's a step on the way to the final 227 patch supposedly being made and it helps rendering on I think D3D and it brings back A3D/EAX support... it can still be found on the net.

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) . In deathmatch look for me as [SkW]Deathwish of UK clan SkaarjWarriors. Email me hellscrag@lineone.net.
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff or my clan site http://surf.to/skaarjwarriors for my UT designing projects

I guess my question would be why would anyone need to download this patch to begin with, as I have not experienced any problems with the game at all. Should I have, or if not, is that unusual? What does this patch accomplish? Been playing the game for awhile now, and it has been great.

Smirftsch

May 9, 2000
www.oldunreal.com
i experienced much probs with 226.
the thing i know is, that 226 is only update for direct3d 'cause opengl isn't under development....
with 226 sound appears sometimes to be correct, but the real prob is that with 226 everything looks like horrible mipmapped,
and i get lots of crashes, actually i don't think there will be NEVER a final patch, 'cause epic forgot unreal, if i could i would hack unreal-technology page, and say what i think about this ****.
I'm nearly unable to run unreal on a 750MHZ SYSTEM AND A GEFORCE DDR, that can't be true, tried every driver availible, and there are sometimes more and sometimes less probs but never like this it should be with this equipment, take a look on old quake, there isnt a prob to run this on actual boards...this is really the end of Unreal, and i don't think that i want to use a glide-wrapper only to run it, then with graphix of old voodoo2 cards...
sad but true, EPIC THANK U

Squirrel_King

May 7, 2000
Redmond, WA, USA
Visit site
Sound works for me, but I haven't been so fortunate with the mipmapping as mentioned earlier. I'm kind of ticked at epic for taking so long with a patch, but 226 has improved d3d performance with my tnt2 ultra. Is there any way that we can all tell epic to hurry their a**'s up and finish Unreal at long last?

Status
Not open for further replies.