1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What does "official" clan of infiltration mean?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by bastardb, Mar 1, 2002.

1. TheNut

TheNut blah

Ok lets get this straight people.

Both ILCR and RAIL encourage tactics, just different styles of tactics.

ILCR ises vanilla inf, which requires the quick reflexes of an average fps.

RAIL will be using RA, which, compared to vanilla inf, encourages slower advances, and more real life strategies.

I don't see how is can be disputed. I look on a plain ol' inf server and I see run & gun, run & gun, over and over.

On AFA2 and other RA servers I see people ducking for cover(wow...)! I see actual aiming taking place (gasp)!

Maybe it is just the people, but I've tried Run & Gunning on AFA2, and it's just doesnt work unless you are at point blank range. I tried taking cover and aiming on an SOB server. It just didn't work. I had guys jumping and spiriting circles around me.

Well that's my 2 cents

Let the flaming of me begin (nice to have some company huh Bastard?)

2. B.PRIMO B.$M.Inc.$

B.PRIMO B.$M.Inc.$ Master of your Disaster.

Stamina changed the game big time Dr.,
    man this guy would go from one end of the map to the other and
    dodge and bounce the whole way. It was so hard to get robar shot on him,
    tooooo funny. We all did it though, man tac ops is so similiar to 2.6 Infil
    its scary.

Funny Opfor, have said the same excact phrase to our guys.
    Test them out like a boxer and adjust on the fly.

3. DallasStarsRule

DallasStarsRule making personal insults since 1999

The pubs are a bit different from the actual games. All they are good for in regular inf is to hone your reflexes for those situations in real games when you might need it eg you adn the enemy accidentaly round the corner at the same time. But mostly in private games its heavy on cover and teamwork....the run and gun style on inf servers only result in complete loss...there a big difference between how clans play in pubs and in games.

4. Anrky

Anrky Frag you... Frag you very much...

Not to mention that 2.87 will bridge a lot of gaps between RA and PLain Vanilla INF... Sure you can have more than 1 primary weapon, but would you realisitcally want it? with your loadout weight being so high that you could barely move?

Even on Pubs I think run & Gunning as we know it would be dratically different...

Sk Practices heavy tactics for all it's matches PL and SL. Last season the thing that held us back was not having a consistant team, changes have happened for next season, even in SL we have pulled together and had some solid wins...

The debate is a waste of time until 2.87 is released, then RA will be pointless.

5. wwwwww

wwwwww New Member

Pointless maybe... but with so many people devoted to it im sure someone will always stubornly demand it... :)

Generally I dont start debating weapon ballistics and gun types here becuse someone will always come say "what do you know about it... how many years did you serve". Fair enough... but maybe some of the guys who only know 2.86 from the pubs, should maybe hush up slightly about how ILCR and clan matches are played

just a thought :)

6. wwwwww

wwwwww New Member

Thanks for the kind words m8! :tup:

7. bastardb

bastardb New Member

i played about 5 ilcr matches a while ago.. i seen it

the enemy doesnt all run toward you one by one as OFTEN as on publics... but thats still exactly how it is

when they are to attack a position.. they run around the corner blazing, they dont try to get (legitimate) recon on the area.. or nade it first... they run around shooting knowing they will kill something

i HOPE 287 changes it
    but i think its impossible to eliminate all silly situations... something new will be found im sure

and im sure no matter what it is.. someone will make a mutator to fix it hopefuly

8. UTProphet

UTProphet Trial By Fire

yeah - all you people that say RA will die after 287, why don't you ask yurch how much he already has on his checklist :rolleyes: