1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What does "official" clan of infiltration mean?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by bastardb, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Ishtvan

Ishtvan Because it's cooler than "Steven"

At the risk of sounding confrontational, a demorec of a good clan match has about 100 times more tactics than I've ever seen on a PUBLIC AFA2 match. Myself and my clan mates devote many many hours to building up teamwork in my Division. In the ILCR there have been 3 hour matches where a team has to hold a perimeter and send a couple people out to patrol.

So no "heavy tactical teamwork" in ILCR? I don't think so. Do you think that people just play the same way they do on the publics when they all have voice comm and when a match counts for something? Better learn a bit more about the league before attempting to critisize it.

[​IMG]

2. Midwinter

Midwinter sneaky bastard

please guys, everybody cool down... as all of you know, RAIL stands for Real Aim Infiltration League. Word of Yurch is that probably there will be a RAv3 when 2.87 is released. This league is for people willing to play under the restrictions RA applies (only one primary, longer arming distance for 40 mm's, auto-hip when running, harder to aim with scopes, etc...). But of course that doesn't mean everybody not playing RA is necessarily 'rush3r l33t 1 0wnz j00' people. I know nothing about ILCR, but i think UMC is going to participate there, too. So we will find out by ourselves :D

And as I said before, everybody cool down. We don't need another 'us vs them' thread, please.

Peace

3. Meat Sac

Meat Sac New Member

I agree with no more VS. type threads. I hope RAIL is successful, I really do. We need more people playing INF online, the population has dropped so anything to help is welcome.

What I don't agree on is BastardB again taking a snide little potshot without nothing to back it up, as per usual. He obviously JDGI.

4. hokudan

hokudan New Member

Holy cow, was that GPK I just saw in here?!?!?!

*Alert!* *Alert!* *GPK has been sighted!* *GPK has been sighted!*

man it's been a long time. For those of you who don't know GPK or ever been stung by his hk69, hah, well, you haven't been playing INF long enough. =)

5. OPFOR(SIXPACK)

OPFOR(SIXPACK) New Member

I can't agee with any of the characterizations of ILCR or RA ppl. There is no commonality among clans - whatever mod (or mod of a mod) they choose.

6pk didn't have one practice, I think some of the guys put tags/titles for parts of the maps we were to play, but I clearly remember not taking the time to look at it more than a few seconds. And right before a match on RW was the only time we attempted to plan anything. And the plan usually ended up being "well let's just run at em and see how it goes - if it turns out bad after 2-3 rounds, then we stop running at em." Simple.

Oh yeah, and we won the league. So, what's the correlation between practicing, using tactics, strategy, and actually winning and having fun?

I say that it doesn't matter how you strategize, organize tactics, etc - if you can't kill the guy when he comes into your viewport before he kills you, all that is worth s hit.

It all comes down to 'can you kill them before they kill you.'

That's what INF has been about since the start - ppl need to realize that until they make maps with 1+ square miles of area, and specific goals and locations to capture or something - you won't see tactics like what RAIL is proposing - or at least you won't see tactics/strategies like they propose actually work!

Blah, I expect to hear replies that say I'm wrong - but you can argue with our championship season.

6. Cholo Grande

Cholo Grande New Member

I'll ask one question of OPFOR: does your match team generaly consist of the same people? I'm feeling that the answer is yes or at least a common core of match players.

MUF used to never practice when we had the same guys in every match. We played together so much that we didn't really need to rehearse our plan. We had all played the maps enough to be familiar and just played well together. As time went on and MUF grew is became rare to see the same guy in two matches in a row. THEN we needed the practices and when we didn't practice it usualy was a loss.

I'm not sure what the point of this discussion is, but I think ILCR requires just as much strategy as RAIL or any other league for that matter. Having played on AFA and seen how RA people play, I'll say that there will alot more player mandated play differences. You go on RA and no-one sprints much or fires while straffing. I'll tell you now it's not because RA makes it undoable. I've played there and it's just as easy to do as in regular INF. When running I never use a scope anyway so that's not a hinderance to me either.

However, the majority of the players there just don't do it. I guess it's because they think it doesn't fit their ideas of realism or whatever. No matter, the point is that they just don't play that way. In that same light, BB is pretty close to correct in THIS PARTICULAR statement. RAIL would be for RA people. Imagine a clan that just plays to win coming in and suprising everyone. It would be viewed by that crowd as awfull and the clan would probably end up quitting to play with more like minded people.

I can never seem to write a short post :) .. Anyway, as far as the OFFICIAL league I would say that ILCR was the first well organized Infiltration League that I know about. We offer clan registration for clans whether they want to participate in the leagues or not. It's a great way to contact clans you've seen online or heard of for scrimmages or whatnot. No offense to RA people, but we play vanilla INF. No modification or mutation of the game, I think that would be a prerequisite to be called "official". As far as SOB having the "official" servers, same logic.

As far as SOB being an "official" clan, that's just silly. There shouldn't be an official clan... just my .02; I'm not saying that someone else can't do something good or better, just that these guys have been public for a while and are officialy sanctioned by the INF team.

Ok enough of my ramblings and thoughts. Flamers take aim, Cholo is in the house.

7. bastardb

bastardb New Member

i didnt mean NO tactics in ilcr i just meant the ones in rail will most likely already have more experience in the matter
    and the way it sounds adapt quicker to 287

opfors comment above about not needing any strategy and just running around is quite disturbing indeed
    man... wether you think it or not this probably one of the very few games that makes it possible to have ALOT of fun even when you dont win

8. Cholo Grande

Cholo Grande New Member

Nobody has more experience in structured match play than ILCR. As far as strategy, the whole RA vs Vanilla argument is just as silly as it has always been. Neither exhibit more strategy than the other, just different philosophies. The RA choose not to do things that they still can (ie. move and shoot). I bet if a clan not following with that philosophy would be ran out of RAIL for playing wrong.

I do just fine on RA... the only problem I have with AFA servers is it seems like they just run Kosovo all day long.

9. bastardb

bastardb New Member

hah ya i dont like kosovo either

but i do beleive the rules of rail are clearly stated that its for realistic intent
    and i think there was plans of an overseer during matches giving a rating on realism

so no doorway walking etc

but i dont think they would "run" the clan out of the competition if they didnt use teamwork or somethng
    even though that is a realistic element of importance... people have there own way of doing that

10. Cholo Grande

Cholo Grande New Member

I've seen the RA flames.... they would run them out. On the bright side of the RA world, I've decided to put convert MUF 2002 to a RA server in the near future. It doesn't get alot of traffic so why not... I'll try to stick to larger maps since RA'ies like those and hopefully take full advantage of some bandwidth getting wasted.

11. DallasStarsRule

DallasStarsRule making personal insults since 1999

Ladies and gentlemen. This is the end. This is the end of professional dog racing. :(

12. bastardb

bastardb New Member

what about cock fighting ?

13. DallasStarsRule

DallasStarsRule making personal insults since 1999

Yes I would imagine if the cocks went gay and started mating it would be the end of cock fighting too. :(

14. hokudan

hokudan New Member

I'd dare say that most of the RA vs vanilla INF smack talk around here is mostly 'cock fighting', so to speak.

15. B.PRIMO B.$M.Inc.$

B.PRIMO B.$M.Inc.$ Master of your Disaster.

Excellant post Cholo, might i add...( oh and btw a screen or less is not too long)

Most of the better teams in the ILCR use military tactics. Opfors team was blessed with very talented players, that play ALOT. We ere able to take down the team that won the championshipb/c of our practices and teamwork, look foward to a rematch with Sixpack. they make you play your best game. (minc.proboards4.com)We found that with the amount of jackasses on public servers our practices
    were more fun. We didnt have as many players as active as teams like Sixpack, MAD
    and XPK. If u play 1500-2000 mins a week u will play GPKLIKE ;).
    Speacial thanks goes to Lord Perrin and his posts on SK forums on formation
    tactics and movement. As the team leader I used "The Art of War" as our bible
    and have been a military buf since i was 9. So as usual Bastard u come off sounding ignorant, since you really have
    never seen most of the better teams in action.I love what Yurch did with his mute, with the one primary wep, the scope
    drop when moving , etc. Just wish u could run say another 75 yards or so.
    Notice i said RUN , not sprint.The challenge is allways open, I am confident that any team we play be it original Inf or RA version, we will bring the pain. So GD, DIE and the likes
    we love to have some matches. If anyone thinks that Murder Inc, MuF, SK
    SOB , UN1's and few others cant play a thinking game you will loose.
    Our team is very well rounded , half of us are attackers while the other half
    can counter snipe with anyone playing this game now. So haveing that kind of talent using the wedge, diamond and a few other classified formations
    we do quite well and only use the west coast offense when we are against
    a weaker opponent.Lastly the robar swerve neeeeds work, understanding that yurchs
    modifications have the best intentions. Niether has the scope accurate
    to RL. Bastard B i look forward to you becoming an adult and the shrewdness
    that it will bring you, read more and post less and your points will be
    better recieved.
    "I love this game"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2002
  16. Camel_Toe(l)

Camel_Toe(l) Form Fitting

GHOST soley used the "flying V" formation as seen in the movie "The Mighty Ducks". It was unstoppable! Now if I could only master the twirling shot method I'd rule all! :D

17. bastardb

bastardb New Member

hey what about the slick moves they used in the old rollerball? (no that new ****)

18. UTProphet

UTProphet Trial By Fire

lmao, thank you Opfor for producing an example of the need for RAIL. It takes some pressure off.

Also, some of the INForcers argue that they use plenty of well thought out tactics and strategies in ILCR, and to be honest, you are a special case. TBF has played you guys on many servers and you fight just the way we are aiming to achieve in the future... Role models if you will :) Frankly, I'm suprised you bothered enrolling in ILCR considering the attitude of clans such as above quoted. It's the reason TBF isn't. We are listed on the registration page, but not enrolled in the league.

Leagues such as INFWar v1 didn't work too well because they still used regular inf rules. There were money restrictions, but that was an outside factor and didn't affect actual playing. (Clans were rushing, doing anything they could to win, when in fact you could never do that IRL :p no names)

RAIL will have actual ingame factors that affect gameplay, which will discourage the croud mentioned in the Quote above. IMO, things will never get dull there :)

19. {Ghetto_Ghepetto}

{Ghetto_Ghepetto} I am #1 Asian big boob queen!

Re: IDGI !

Holy ****! It's gpk! Holy ****! Where the hell have you been? (Your probably don't remember me, but you used to OWN ME..like a puppet i guess..:D

20. Meat Sac

Meat Sac New Member

GPK was smart enough to get out when he was still good. It kept his legacy intact. Wish MJ would have done the same thing.

besides GPK without instaprone isn't pretty. JK FF! :p